Sign in to follow this  

Just so I am Clear on the Detent Spring Update?

I am looking into doing the detent spring on my 07 rmz-250 my questions are does the spring need to be from a rmz-450? 08-09 models or any year up from 08 and what does it mean when the model options say model K9, K7 etc do i need to look at that when ordering parts for my bike if so which one do i choose? Also, i have seen somewhere (i beleive the false neutral post) someone had updated theirs w/ something from a RM250? Am i correct on what i should be ordering ie year models and bike model? I should be ordering part # 22 below correct? Anything else i should update while i am in there?

http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/suzuki-parts.aspx?aribrand=SUZ#/Suzuki/RM-Z450_%282008%29/GEAR_SHIFTING/022880001/56022880019

K7/8/9 denotes the model year easiest and safest way to get the right spring is to use the 450 spring and I've been advised it's worth replacing every 20 hours or so as apparently even the 450 spring can lose it's tension, cheap as chips anyway so not a bank breaker.

PS it's also worth doing the gear lever return spring at the same time because again it can lose tension not allowing the gear lever to return properly.

Edited by Chappers998

There was a post a while back where some guys were putting in the shift drum from the 2008 250 2t, and that it made a difference. But this requires spitting the cases.

It's the RM 250 cam stopper goes on the shift drum apparently the RM one has more defined peaks for a more positive shift.

Part number 24

25.gif

Edited by Chappers998

Ok, thanks i ordered the parts, the spring, the pawl springs, and the gear shift poles hopefully it will clean up my 1-2 and 2-1 shifts and make finding neutral a lil easier. thanks for the help guys.

Hey do yall by chance know if the Clutch/magneto covers off a 05 RMZ250 fit my 07 rmz? There is a guy locally to me selling brand new ones and the idiot before me spray painted my clutch voers and it drives me nut just was wondering if they were different?