Sign in to follow this  

Source for taillight-less rear fender (XR600/650L)?

1996 XR600R

I've exhausted all my sources trying to find an oem style rear fender that is smooth; ie, one that does not have the rear taillight or the little channel for the wiring. I'm not using my rear light and want simply a smooth look. I do not want to fit a MX style rear fender.

I've looked through my plethora of catalogs from Chapparal to Denniskirk and searched sites including: fleabay, UFO, Rockymountain.com to no luck. They all supply the one with the taillight. The closest I've found is Maier, which if anyone has used their stuff knows it's junk and barely matches oem fitment. Nevermind that the notes in the catalog I found their fender says their White is not quite white but an off-white. Huh? What the heck kind of product is that? uh....we can't match the oem White (must be too difficult), so we'll make it an offwhite and hope for the best. Anyways....if you have a source please post.

Edited by mikesbaron

UFO makes a universal sort of fender that may be close to what you are looking for. I had one on my pig for a while:

P7130121.jpg

I trimmed quite a bit off of the front of mine so it would not be as long and droopy looking as the stockers. If you didn't trim it, it my be close.

You may be out of luck then. I have never seen a fender with the "XR bend" that did not have the tail light molding on it.

With no other option for a taillight-less rear fender that is NOT a mx hack job, I ordered the Maier rear enduro fender specific fitment for XR bikes. The ads I have seen for this fender say it is an "off white" and doens't match the stock white color. Well, I'm here to say that even for my very, very picky senses it is very close to stock white. Matter of fact it is so close I can't tell a difference when looking at it this evening in two different kinds of indoor light. A good color product that matches.