Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Mark my words, Tomac will be a future 450 Champion!

Wow I figured I would show up here today after staying away until after I watched the races and Eli would be one of the main topics going for his performance but sad to say the topics seem to be more of the same soooo.....Way to ride Eli, there is no doubt in my mind that if he stays healthy for the rest of the season he will be hard to beat for the 2012 #1 Lites West plate. I'm not taking anything away from the other top 5 lites riders includiing my two favs Marvin on the KTM and Sipes on the Yamaha but I'm pretty damned impressed with the laps this kid is laying down this season.

Hmm I dunno. He's gonna be good. Don't get me wrong but think about barcia. Dudes flat out fast. Deano's good too. Sipes is fast. Marvins gonna hold his own as well. Too bad he's on the ktm right now. I'm pretty excited to know that after these current 450 guys hang it up we still have the talent to follow. And just wait till Adam ciancirello(sp) gets in the mix. Kids a beast.

Hmm I dunno. He's gonna be good. Don't get me wrong but think about barcia. Dudes flat out fast. Deano's good too. Sipes is fast. Marvins gonna hold his own as well. Too bad he's on the ktm right now. I'm pretty excited to know that after these current 450 guys hang it up we still have the talent to follow. And just wait till Adam ciancirello(sp) gets in the mix. Kids a beast.

You left out Kenny Roczen, I'm so glad he is on the KTM too. Go K-Rock and Mooooskan!

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not discounting any of the other hard chargers in the West or East programs but just saying I'm really impressed with Tomac's attitude and riding. He has one hell of a family support group and seemingly the drive to win. It will be one hell of a show if everyone shows up for the outdoors this season with JB, Roczen & Marvin, Deano, Baggett, Rattray, Seely, Tomac, Sipes and about 15 others that will be very close in their lap times.

Edited by BBA

This Tomac is cutting good lap times, there were only 3 450 riders who turned in a faster lap time, it was Reed, Stewert & Vilapoto, C Seely cut a good one too, surprised at Wilson' s ?? times, thought he would do better. Mitch's wheels are spinning now.

Edited by FZ1guy

If ET wins West and JB wins East, would be fun to see those two have an 8 lap "King of the Country Shootout" at Vegas, track all to themselves, for say $100k winner take all.

really?

Yes really

He had a crappy year last year but I think he will be strong this year outdoors right after he wins the west coast 250's

Edited by meyermetal

Tomac has such a bright future, both on the 250F and then on the 450. I predict this kid to be a title threat on 450s for quite a few years. He is bigger than a lot of the guys, fearless about jumping big stuff, creative on his timing sections, and rides with great intensity.

will he get bumped up if he wins the season ?

If he wins he can stay in the class for one more season to defend his title.

If he wins he can stay in the class for one more season to defend his title.

Is that still the rule? If it is why isn't Tickle defending his title?

..because Tickle had done 3 years in Lites.

It doesn't matter how many years a rider is in the lites class it matters how many points they earn. If there was a 3 year rule Davalos would have moved up to the 450'sin 09 since his rookie year was 2006

I thought that if a lites rider wins a title and has pointed out of the division that they would be allowed to defend the title. But I guess that's not the case

didn't Weimer get bumped up at the last minute on some rule nobody saw coming? they had to scramble to get him a 450,