Sign in to follow this  

04 RMZ250 Leaking oil from crankcase tube

when I just started up my bike it idled for about 60 seconds and then started oozing oil out the crankcase tube that hangs out the bottom of the bike. Not a spray but a LEAK. I shut it off and then started it again same thing. The third time I started it no leak right away put it in first and rode it around the block brought it back and idled no week. Checked oil level loaded it in truck and rode it out all day last Sunday. This morning rolled it out of garage washed it started it up and with in 60 seconds oil again oozing from tube. WTH........any ideas??

Did you over fill it because I have an 06 250 and it does the same thing when I over fill it. Make sure when you check the oil level the bike is on its wheels on level ground not on the stand. If you check it on the stand oil should barely be in the sight glass.

Thanks for the advice. I made sure the oil was not over filled.

I just purchased the bike I just went out and bought a new Uni air filter changed the oil and filter and it hasn't blown oil since. A friend of mine said that sometimes that if the air filter is to oily or dirty it may blow the oil.....

seems to work now

Thanks for the advice. I made sure the oil was not over filled.

I just purchased the bike I just went out and bought a new Uni air filter changed the oil and filter and it hasn't blown oil since. A friend of mine said that sometimes that if the air filter is to oily or dirty it may blow the oil.....

seems to work now

Thats just ridiculous. Are you loosing coolant?

nope. no coolant loss. I thought i was good to go took it to the track the other day started it, let it idle for like 60 seconds looked back and oil was blasten out the bottom. hit the kill switch started it back up and no leaking all day......crazy

Kinda seems like your getting some pretty good blow by. Your rings/piston are probably due for replacement. With the motor cold you might not be getting good ring seal, but as it warms up the metals will expand and create enough of a seal to stop that or at least minimize it to where it can just vent without blowing the oil. How long since the piston and rings were replaced?