Sign in to follow this  

keep getting front flat tires

Anyone else experiencing this? I've replaced 6 tubes already since getting the bike 1 year ago. One I can say was from hitting a rock at 5th gear wide open, hell it dented my wheel...but the others make no sense.

I'm getting frustrated because that's 3 in the last week!! Seems like the 17" wheels can't take a hit??

Any tips or ideas other than avoid hitting big rocks at high speed?

My tire pressure has been between 13-15. At time I have to cross rail roads

If it is a pinch flat you might want to run higher pressures in your tube. Putting a rim lock on your rim might also solve your problem. Hope this helps!!!! Getting feedback on the 150R forum is difficult at times.

Edited by mark seitz

The heavy duty tube is a good idea. If you still have issues you may want to try a rimlock as suggested.

The heavy duty tube is a good idea. If you still have issues you may want to try a rimlock as suggested.

it has a factory rim lock

The FIRST thing one does when removing a flat tube is to find out the location of the hole. That will tell you if the problem is a pinched tube, a thorn through the tire, a protruding spoke, etc.

Asking us why your tubes are loosing air is futile; we aren't there, we can't see your tube, we don't know. Your tube will tell you!! If you can't tell, take the tube to a competant motorcycle shop; they can tell give you a pretty good idea what the problem is.

When you replace a tube, carefully check the inside of the tire for a nail/thorn/etc. Check the rim to see if a spoke might be the problem. You DO use rim strips, don't you?? Your equipment will tell you everything you need to know, just use your noggin. And GOOD LUCK! Chronic flats can be most frustrating!