Sign in to follow this  

06 CRF250R, BIG GUN REV BOX?

Hey guys, i currently own a 06 crf 250r, i find it is super flat on top end speed, would a big gun rev box give a huge help, does anyone have any experience from this product, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I believe I would go with a stage 2 cam instead of the rev box. Over-revving these things can cause problems even if you hit the stock rev limiter. I have seen multiple heads where the valve seats start to chip away from over-revving the bike. A stage 2 should be able to just drop in, and give you more mid and top power. If you want to go with the rev box, I would more than likely get the aftermarket seats, valves, valve springs, stage 2 or 3 cam, and then the box. At that point, you're talking quite a bit of $$$

Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated, i think i may hold off the stage 2 cam for a while and a rev box, short on cash flow if you know what i mean $$$

Not sure what you have already done. But, intake, then full pipe then cam. The cam will need the extra breathing.

I have a HotCams Stg 2 that I would sell. PM me if you are interrested. It has about 10 hours on it. I ran it in my 2005 CRF250F when I had it set up for moto. Its now my woods bike, and has a stg1 in it.

The Stg 2 makes it feel like 2 stroke kinda power,, just hold it wide open all the time, it just keeps on pulling right to the limiter. Its a really fun power band for moto track riding.

Agreed, pipe first, will not affect the motor nearly as much as a cam.... cam will only help with the pipe if you don't like it