Sign in to follow this  

People that say MOTOCROSS is EASY?!

It pisses me off so much when people say that motocross is easy and that all you do is sit down and twist the throttle

this vid is for those people, they can watch this and then shut up! :smirk:

• Like 1

I think those people should watch On Any Sunday so they can inform themselves. It's an old movie and all but it says motorcross is one of the most physically demanding sports, only second to soccer I believe.

• Like 1

No matter what you say or what they watch, they'll NEVER get it unless they do it.

This is the biggest insult anyone can say to me. I remember my first day when i was about 3 or 4. I said to my friend I could jump all of those jumps If I tried. Well...I got a bike when i was a little older. No way in H311 i coulda jumped anything. i was scared to even roll over the jumps. Now I'm older and I actually can jump them, I look back and think about how long it took to get where I am....It did not happen over night.

Challenge them to come out and ride on some old bike that you dont mind wrecking but can still be ridden well by you. they'll shut up

The way I see it, if it's so easy they should have no issue signing a waiver that says they will pay for anything they break on your current bike. I have one typed up and even offer to show them videos like this to let them know what they're getting into if they sign it. I'll even offer to spend a day teaching them to ride before we go to a track. Nobody even wants to watch the videos. I think they're scared for some reason. Why would you be scared of something so easy?

The way I see it, if it's so easy they should have no issue signing a waiver that says they will pay for anything they break on your current bike. I have one typed up and even offer to show them videos like this to let them know what they're getting into if they sign it. I'll even offer to spend a day teaching them to ride before we go to a track. Nobody even wants to watch the videos. I think they're scared for some reason. Why would you be scared of something so easy?

scared of hurting their jaw from yawning maybe? :smirk: think ill show this to anyone who basically says the same thing :bonk:

love the colors of his plastics, too!

Edited by iggle

Completely agree with 0honda, nothing anyone says insults me more than when they say all you do is sit and twist the throttle, i cant begin to explain how angry it makes me! Motocross is my LIFE

Fellow TTers don't let this type of comments offend you. Anyone who talks like that does not have a clue and are most likely lazy couch potatoes or jealous. Just laugh and say i'm glad you don't ride, uncoordinated people like you are the reason insurance rates are so high :smirk:

For sure those people know so much about nothing in motocross. The first time I brought my bike to my country, people looked at me like a jerk and told me that it's a stupid sport. 4 years later then me and my friends held a small tournament in my country and they changed their mind. "That's awesome!!!" It's what they said but for real they still know sh*t about it. However, no matter what they say, I love what I do and I do what I love. Dirtbikes for life

After watching one of the supercross races my dad said that gp (street) racing is the hardest form of motorcycle racing. My wife got mad because that started a huge argument where I brought up baja, romaniacs and the fact that in mx, not only do you have people all around you, there's people above you

Ah, everyone that's into bikes know that you do more than sit down and twist the throttle in motocross. When jumping, you can scratch your a$$ and clean your goggles too!

This is part of a BROtocross.com article:

BRO Top 5: Annoying Facebook Habits Of Moto Joes

2. Post “Moto is so hard” statuses - Listen up, BRO, Facebook statuses are for rap lyrics that totally speak to your youthful angst, and letting the world know how wasted you are going to be in 10 minutes. Trust me when I say that no one really cares that you think motocross is the hardest sport in the world; Your friends break up into two groups in this argument: Moto and non-moto. The Moto BROs already know what’s what about MX, because they do it. The non-moto BROs just do not care, just like you don’t care that they would totally go gay for Tebow. You are just making moto BROs look wicked &%$#@!ing emo.

2.5. Argue with football BROs who comment on your “Moto is so hard” status- Here’s the thing: I totally used to do this, when I was 10 years old. Once I hit my tween years, I had matured enough to realize that I did not give a &%$#@! what football and lax BROs think; their gauge of athletics is how much you can bench and how naked they can get each other when they wrestle in the locker room. They also can barely ride a tricycle without tipping over and roid raging a four year old into a wood chipper, so it is completely futile to reason with them about moto. Just say “Totally, BRO, I also like Polo Ralph Lauren” and they will accept you as one of their own.

Loving the comments guys!! The real funny part is think about what you CAN'T do! Take baseball, we always say "I could hit a fastball" or in football "I could have caught that"! Yes, it is quite possible you could do it(more likely you wont though) but if you end up swinging late or missing that catch, you go on to live another day.

Now take motocross, you can always say "I could jump that" but the sole element of danger becomes so much more apparent. IF you come up short or over jump that 75ft triple, there is 99% chance that you will not walk away! People just don't understand that aspect of dirtbiking. Not only is it physically demanding but it's fcking dangerous!

That video is in real time, im Pretty sure it is Irish rider Stuart Edmunds on his Italian TM, at Canada Heights in England.