Sign in to follow this  

Flotek porting and boost port piston mod?

Any one know anything about the port work from this company? Im even more interested in their boost port piston mod, thoughts? Would stock porting with these piston mods make a big difference in power or fuel consumption? Check it out its about a quarter the way down the page. http://flotekperformance.com/services Btw i ride an 89 rmx.

They look like they know what they are doing, but they also look like they are mostly a drag race shop and that kind of power is not what you would want on any dirt bike. You would be way ahead by going to Eric Gorr and having him punch out your RMX to a 295cc and then going with his "more every where" port job. And for what it's worth, anytime you add more power you will be using more gas. Granted it's not like a 295 kit would cut your mileage in half (it won't).

The glory of an RMX is not the peak power but the smooth no hit powerband that starts low and pulls good throughout it's entire range with no surprises.

Yea i knew fuel consumption would be reduced due to burning more fuel to make the more power, i was just wondering how much. And you answered all of my questions, thanks again zig.