Sign in to follow this  

what pipe?

So I am going to be getting a job soon(hopefully)...(im 15). I plan to get a head pipe(mine is cracked). so should I get a stock pipe, an FMF power bomb, an FMF mega bomb, or a Pro Circuit head pipe? Also, which would be better titanium or stainless steel?

Any other pipe you may recommend?

Finally what would a good durable set of riding pants be? Mine are almost 4 inches to short and are just barley in my boot.

you sound just like me im in the same boat as you.. i have fox 360 gear.. i would also reccomend fly gear

but for the pipe i LOVE Dr.D pipes thats what i am running now.. i like the mega bomb with a 4.1 as well and get whatever you like stainless/titanium it doesnt make a difference really

Edited by Jake Bullock

you sound just like me im in the same boat as you.. i have fox 360 gear.. i would also reccomend fly gear

but for the pipe i LOVE Dr.D pipes thats what i am running now.. i like the mega bomb with a 4.1 as well and get whatever you like stainless/titanium it doesnt make a difference really

Thanks I will look into the fly and fox 360 and the Dr. D if there isnt much of a difference then stainless would be better because of durability right?

Please..post in the correct forum. I have moved this for you.

Sorry about that and thanks for moving it to the right forum

just id stay with stock, because a pipe will not make you any faster, it will just make you have to rejet your bike, if you want something worth it to make you faster out on the track get suspension set up for your weight, there are plenty of used stock headers it perfect condition on ebay, id get one of theme

and yes stainless would be better for durability but its a little heavier but a pro probably would not even notice the difference so it does not matter

As far as pipe goes, at your age and situation I would get whatever I could get the best price on. As far as pants go I think Klim has the toughest I've ever owned. I also have some One Indusrties Defcon pants that are really durable. I had Fox 180 and they were ruined the first ride.

So I am going to be getting a job soon(hopefully)...(im 15). I plan to get a head pipe(mine is cracked). so should I get a stock pipe, an FMF power bomb, an FMF mega bomb, or a Pro Circuit head pipe? Also, which would be better titanium or stainless steel?

Any other pipe you may recommend?

Finally what would a good durable set of riding pants be? Mine are almost 4 inches to short and are just barley in my boot.

I would go with the stainless I feel that that's more durable.. but also look at whatever you can get your hands on for a decent price too

Buy a cheap stock for now. Stay away from fox gear. Mine fell apart after 2 rides. Go with Thor. Good prices and high quality.

thanks for the replies.i really dont mind spending some cash for this stuff as theres only a few things im getting and the rest goes into the bank

I have a Vance and hines on mine. They reccomend factory jets...however....

Part of me buying mine new, the dealer was going to do the AIV removal. By the time they got the kit, I hd the V&H on it already. The jets that came with the AIV kit worked perfectly. The bike pulls really hard and runs smooth now. Sounds great too.

good cause our gonna want it to buy a truck soon to tow and haul your toy !

And don't forget about taking out the ladies!!! They're going to drop those panties after hearing the new pipe on the bike!!

• Like 1