Sign in to follow this  

needles part2

got the needles order.. NEDH, NEDJ, NECH, NECJ.. what needle should I start with??? the bike is a ktm 250 xc-w 2010 40 60 deg about 1500 feet above see level???? any idea's ??? thanks fore the help WORM WORM

Look on KTMTalk for some threads on this. It's already there, same folks as would reply here.

going to try the NEDJ, NEDW see how they work.. out the needles are on back order... thanks WORM WORM

Mvertoch..thats a lot of good information. Thanks

Op

For cold weather, here at about 700', I run a 38 pilot, 165 main, and second position stock needle @ 46:1. I think I am slightly rich..I might tweak my jetting some, but it sounds like Im alot closer than many. I also run a Pro Circuit Plat 2 pipe. The bike runs damn strong..just an occasional rich stumble when the air temp warms up. Im considering the head mod when I rebuild.

Mvertoch..thats a lot of good information. Thanks

Op

For cold weather, here at about 700', I run a 38 pilot, 165 main, and second position stock needle @ 46:1. I think I am slightly rich..I might tweak my jetting some, but it sounds like Im alot closer than many. I also run a Pro Circuit Plat 2 pipe. The bike runs damn strong..just an occasional rich stumble when the air temp warms up. Im considering the head mod when I rebuild.

Moto

Thats good jetting, but try the needle in the 3rd position. That will lean it up a bit.

I run the same jetting as you in the spring and summer, but the needle in the 3rd position.

I run 40 pilot and 165 main or 162 depending upon how cold it is. I also have a modded head and run the Suzuki needle

NECJ Suzuki needle

Was the head mod worth the money? Who did the head?

Yes! It really wakes up the bottom to mid and Pulls extremely strong!!Trey at Wildcat Motorsports. I believe it was $60 shipped and fast turnaround.

Trey Ahlgrim <trey.ahlgrim@hotmail.com>;

NEDJ NEDW.. can I use one of these needles in the summer time?? it get hot in tenn in the summer time... 80--110 thanks WORM WORM

NEDJ NEDW.. can I use one of these needles in the summer time?? it get hot in tenn in the summer time... 80--110 thanks WORM WORM

I use the NECJ all year round. You just have to go down on the pilot. I run a 40 in the winter and a 38 in the spring and summer. You may need to go down a bit more than me, based on your climate. I run a 165 main all year round also. You can use the #3 position on the needle as a starting point and go up or down from there. I have never used the NEDW or NEDJ. I dont want to get that involved in it, because my bike runs great with the NECJ. Read the links that I posted and see what other guys say. My head spins reading about all this stuff! lol