Sign in to follow this  

Yankee Z has anyone rode one or saw one?

When ever I go to the local vintage swap meet I always see a Yankee Z that is in amazing condition. I decided to do some research and it seems these are pretty rare bikes. It's a twin cylinder 500cc dirt bike. I'm not sure what year it was but it looks like this. From what I've read it had a 6-speed trans with a low gear lockout so it could be raced as a 5-speed. It always catches my eye and just wanted to share it with you guys if you've never saw one or heard of it. The engine is made by OSSA.

Ossa%20Yankee%20500%20scrambler.jpg

I believe the engine is comprised of 2 Ossa Phantom engines among other parts and pieces. There is always one at the AHRMA Chehalis National. Very cool bikes.

Well if Ossa were willing to bring that Yankee Z concept into the 21st century I'd be willing to consider buying a 500cc Two stroke twin dual sport :smirk: I've seen a few of the Yankee's at Mid Ohio and thought they must be capable of being scary fast with the right tune up applied

Yeah I'm sure they could, I mean look what they can do with banshees. And I love the sound of two stroke twins, they just sound so amazing. Whenever I'm sad I usually play a few youtube videos with banshees and it cheers me up. Build that engine with the technology ossa is using in their models they will be rolling out shortly and you would have a beast of a bike for sure.