Sign in to follow this  

paint colour/code for 81 YZ465

Does anyone know what the paint colour and code is for a yellow 81 YZ465? I would like to paint a tank to match the other plastics. Also if anyone else has painted their tank how successful was it?

I know at the yamaha enduro forums they say the krylon fusion yellow is a pretty close match to the compitition yellow used the certain year DT's. I assume it would be the same yellow as you yz. The fusion paint works pretty well. Would you consider dying the tank yellow again? Paint on gas tanks is okay as long as you don't spill gas, but who doesn't do that. I've spilled gas on my dt tank that's painted with fusion and it still looks okay but you can tell where it was spilled if you look close enough.

I painted a tank with plastic specific rattle can paint and it would hold up for maybe 10 hrs of use before it was worn and bubbly, chipped.......there are a few guys stateside who can refinish tanks thru sanding and polishing. Clarke probably makes a tank in yellow. What are your goals? If a restoration you dont plan on riding, paint away. If your gonna ride it, put stickers on it,etc; dont paint