Tell me where to send my suspension.

Getting my tax return some time in the next week and I will hopefully be getting my 06 suspension revalved for offroad (So. Cal. desert riding). I'm having a lot of trouble deciding on a shop though. I've had very little luck finding reviews for revalves on YZ's. Or any two strokes, really. So I figured if I ask here, I'll have a better chance of getting some more bike specific info.

From what I have read, Enzo is the go-to Yamaha/KYB shop, but I can't find a whole lot of reviews. RG3 and Fineline are local so it would be cool to avoid shipping charges, but they are also a touch more expensive. Too Tech , Pro Circuit and Nicoll are also fairly close so those would be cool too.

Additionally, some companies like RG3 offer their own pistons - Is this better than stock? Is suspension work progressively better as I spend more, or should I just pick any shop? It seems like it will make a huge difference no matter who I go with.

Looking forward to your guys' replies, thanks!

I'm not a fan of changing pistons. There really is no need. Plus, an in house piston locks you into working with that specific company as no one else will have any info regarding the set-up. I believe many places do a good job, but my favorite is http://www.smartperformanceinc.com/

Be prepared to keep half of your money, though, Dave does not follow the price list the rest of the world set.

Ive always used Factory Connection but now that Ive learned a little about it I prefer to stay local with my suspension.... that way they can tune and adjust as I ride with the new stuff, a guy from the shop I go to came out to the track with me on a sunday when the shop was closed and made adjustments on the go. Cant refer you to any shops but thats my .02 and something to consider IMO. They use the same parts as the big name companies, since thats where they order from.

http://checkpointoff-road.com/

Send it here he has rode yamaha for a long time and omg this is the best susspension ive road. Most AA riders use him. You see his suspensin stickers on most of the hare scrambles here in MN. He has acess to a machiene shop and custom makes parts for forks. Stavish personaly is a wickedly fast rider and he learned how to setup yamaha suspension from his riding experiance.

SoCal? Desert riding? Try Travis at TBT. TBT California - Travis Flateau 951.707.7837

He has done my YZ for a few years now, and I have zero complaints. It is predictable and dialed to just what I want. He is particularly effective in that he is at a lot of the races I am at out here, so in a pinch, I just need to look around the pits for him. The guy really does know his stuff, plus he rides and races the area, so he knows what you are talking about and describing. Look at a local D37 desert race and see how many of the top finishers have his stickers on the forks.

Great suggestions, guys. Just the sort of information I was looking for.

TBT looks really good. I was trying to find out what the D37 guys were using, but I couldn't find much. Definitely sounds like he (and the other guys across the country) know what they're doing.

The website says $400 plus parts and oil, so I'm thinking around $500 if I don't have to pay for shipping? I definitely need fork seals and most likely bushings; haven't torn into it because I know I'll be sending it in within the next few weeks. Any idea if they charge for revalves if you're not satisfied/get faster/change terrains? Free revalving is definitely plus for me on some other shops

Ive dealt with smart performance and suspension by jake. Both worked great. It benefits to work with a local because they will go to the track (or desert) with you and help tune it just how you want it. Good shops will revalve you bike free of charge if they get it wrong the first time, which is very rare.

I would stay away from big name shops like factory connection, rg3, or enzo. They do decent work but you don't get as much attention and they only do the bare minimun yet cost more than the locals.

Just my experience: I have had both MX Tech & FC suspension, good suspension but could not get it tailored to where I wanted - neither place were any help in figuring out what I needed unless I wanted to send it back in. This would have caused a two week downtime plus cost of shipping, insurance & fluids. This last time I decided to do it myself using Dave J's components & instructions. This works well in my case because it forced me to learn more about what is in there and Dave was very helpful and patient in explaining what I was looking at when I got to a place where I did not understand. Plus it cost me under $300 for everything to complete the job. I put together all the reading materials, instruction sheets and emails received from him in a binder and pull it out from time to time to refresh my understanding of what is going on and where to make changes to accomplish what I need. Just give him a call and talk to him - I think you will be impressed with customer service.