Lost Fender Bag near Rosamond

I was on a group dual sport ride near Rosamond Friday (2-3-12), between Dawn Road and Backus Road, west of Hwy 14, and lost my front fender bag. It's a Moose Dual Sport bag, with a 21" tube, 24, 27, and 12/13 mm Moton Pro Combo tire iron/axle wrenche,s a Second Wind CO2 inflator/pump and a half dozen CO2 cartridges, a moton pro (I think) multi-tool, a patch kit, and I'm not sure what else. If anyone riding out that way finds it, I'd sure appreciate a call. I would show my appreciation with a "Jackson" or two when I came to p[ick up the bag...

Edited by Birdy426

Not that I found it, and I would give it back, but dam birdy, that sure is alot of shit for a front fender bag. I hope you do get it back. I lost one a long time ago, never did find it or get it back. I went with the Ogio vest and it works perfect.

I've tried notches as well but they didn't seem to be the complete answer. Now I drill a small hole in the fender and use a zip-ty to hold the hook in place. It threads through where the stap connects. I have riden throusands of miles with this set-up and never had the bag come loose.

I've tried notches as well but they didn't seem to be the complete answer. Now I drill a small hole in the fender and use a zip-ty to hold the hook in place. It threads through where the stap connects. I have riden throusands of miles with this set-up and never had the bag come loose.

Thats the trick.

Not that I found it, and I would give it back, but dam birdy, that sure is alot of shit for a front fender bag. I hope you do get it back. I lost one a long time ago, never did find it or get it back. I went with the Ogio vest and it works perfect.

Ya...it is a bunch of stuff...but the Dual Sport bag is a bit bigger than a normal fender bag, and holds it all with room to spare. Does make the loss a bit more expensive, though, the more stuff you have in there.

I guess I'm hoping that karma really works...

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/583375-coolest-guy-ive-never-met-birdy426/page__p__5615303__fromsearch__1#entry5615303

no help finding your front fender bag

But every front fender bag type that I have seen falls off eventually except this one which never falls off

http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/stb.html

I have the Dirt Bike Gear large fender bag on the back of my 426...works great. I swap (or swapped?) the front bag between the 426 and the 250 pinger I picked up a couple of months ago...

You can bt I will be doing this when I replace this bag...thanks for the tip

I ran over it. Half the tools were lost and I didn't have room for the other half. I'm sorry. ?

Why bother with this kind of crap?

Oh...right...because you think you're pretty funny...maybe you should spend your time doing standup at the Laugh Factory instead of wasting ours...

Edited by Birdy426

I ran over it. Half the tools were lost and I didn't have room for the other half. I'm sorry. ?

= TROLL!!!

don't you have anything better to do than make stupid comments in everyones threads?

this guy lost his stuff out on the trail and is looking for help and your making fun of him....don't worry brother karma has it's way of dealing with idiots like yourself!

• Like 1

= TROLL!!!

don't you have anything better to do than make stupid comments in everyones threads?

this guy lost his stuff out on the trail and is looking for help and your making fun of him....don't worry brother karma has it's way of dealing with idiots like yourself!

Sorry you no find bag birdy.

I have a Karma story though. Sunday a couple of buddies met up for a ride across the mountain. Nice day for a ride to Toms Farm for food. On the way back up the mountain Ricky Racer decided to pass and grab a fist full of throttle sparying dust and rocks all over me and one of my buddies, (what an azz) well, he did a yard sale at the top of the hill and usually I would stop to see if he was ok, not this time..You get what you deserve. Ride alone over your head and bam....Next thing you know..Should have roosted him back but I was nice to just ignore his pain....

I probably would have stopped to chew him out for the spray job he did on me. Then, depending on his attitude now, I would have either moved on or lent a hand with some more lecturing along the way. Maybe he didn't know how much of an azz he was.

Sorry you no find bag birdy.

I have a Karma story though. Sunday a couple of buddies met up for a ride across the mountain. Nice day for a ride to Toms Farm for food. On the way back up the mountain Ricky Racer decided to pass and grab a fist full of throttle sparying dust and rocks all over me and one of my buddies, (what an azz) well, he did a yard sale at the top of the hill and usually I would stop to see if he was ok, not this time..You get what you deserve. Ride alone over your head and bam....Next thing you know..Should have roosted him back but I was nice to just ignore his pain....

Do you realize the odds of getting it back? In 40 years, I have seen quite a few things on the trail including tool bags. I have also spent alot of time going from camp ground to camp ground and posting ads everywhere trying to find the owner to no avail. What I'm trying to say is that placing a posting to get it back is a good idea but GOOD LUCK with someone actually getting it back to you. I once found a camera in the middle of an intersection full of photo's. I posted ads and after a year, no one responded. There were all kinds of baby and family get together photo's in it and I felt that it should go back to the family. Someone's unreplaceable family good times were in it. I was finally going to erase the pictures and use the camera and was going through it and recognized a store that was in one of them. I went to the houses across from the store and luckily found the owners. Without the pictures I never would have. If you don't put somekind of identifying information in your stuff, the chances of getting back from way out in the woods or desert are slim................

Good Luck!

Edited by vidarapido

Do you realize the odds of getting it back? In 40 years, I have seen quite a few things on the trail including tool bags. I have also spent alot of time going from camp ground to camp ground and posting ads everywhere trying to find the owner to no avail. What I'm trying to say is that placing a posting to get it back is a good idea but GOOD LUCK with someone actually getting it back to you.

Of course I realize the odds of getting it back are somewhere less than the odds of finding a needle in a stack of needles in a hay stack, but if you don't ask, the answer is always "No". I have a business card, a copy of my CDL, proof of insurance, and registration in the bag, so there is ample opportunity for anyone who finds the bag to contact me, but a little more spreading the word never hurts. Even if someone does find it, and finds the contact info, I would bet that only a select few would bother to find me and return the swag. Dirt bikers, for the most part, are an honest lot, but there are lots more people that recreate in that area (shooters, hunters, quad-tards, mountain bikers, hikers, equestrians, jeepers, etc) who might not go through the trouble.

As far as being bitter or in denial, not at all. I don't expect to get the bag back, and in fact have already replaced the bag and contents. Just part of the cost of riding off road. I don't know you (Vidarapido), have never ridden with you, exchanged posts with you, or even bothered to comment on your posts. Why you would choose to be a smart-ass in a situation like this is completely beyond me. You have no knowledge of the situation, no knowledge of me or my riding partners, and, quite honestly, unless you ride in the Rosamond area of So Cal, you really have no dog in the hunt. If you overheard a conversation about this in a bar, would you butt in with a smart-asstic, no value added comment like your first post in this thread?

If you overheard a conversation about this in a bar, would you butt in with a smart-asstic, no value added comment like your first post in this thread?

You don't really want to know the answer to that - do you? ?

Edited by Bill_P
  • Like 1

You don't really want to know the answer to that - do you? ?

I know the answer ?

the internet is full of these guys! face to face they get :bonk:

Vidablahblah is also spouting off with his keyboard in one of my threads too. annoying!

Birdy have you ever tried a hydration back pack, one of the large ones? I ditched my fender bag long ago for my camel back!