Sign in to follow this  

fork swap

I have a 2005 drz 400e and was wondering if the forks and triple trees from a 2003 rm 250 would work on my bike? if not, what year forks would work on my bike? Thanks

Do I need to use the triple trees or can I just slide the forks in? Also will the stock wheel, rotor and caliper from the drz work with the rm fork?

Edited by kwingy3

You will want the RM triple clamps as well, but they are a bolt on deal. The RM forks are USD (upside down) forks and the clamping area of the triples is quite different than your E forks.

You will be able to use your stock wheel, axle, spacers, caliper, etc. It's an easy swap.

Like Eddie said, you will want to re-valve and re-spring the forks for your weight, plus the added weight of the Z! This is very important!! Find your forks and triples and send them to Eddie and he will get you set up so that you will be thrilled with the conversion.

While you are at it, if you haven't already, re-spring and service the shock at the same time!

A correctly set up suspension is one of the most significant improvements you can make to any bike. I learned my lesson and will always start with the suspension on any bike I own.