Sign in to follow this  

looking for high compression piston for klx 300 and cant find anywhere

Dose anybody know where I can buy HC piston?

All I can find is 1:11

if some 1 can help with that it will be great

If you can't find the HC piston, you might look into an early KLX250 head. It is reported that the combustion chamber volume is smaller than on the KLX300.

Ride on

Brewster

If you can't find the HC piston, you might look into an early KLX250 head. It is reported that the combustion chamber volume is smaller than on the KLX300.

Ride on

Brewster

Its very expensive compare to piston :smirk:

Ride on

Brewster

I had a first generation 94 KLX250 head I was going to use on my 351 project. The water jacket holes don't line up properly.

The 351 kit is a good deal the only problem is that u r so close to the water jackets its prob not the best for max engine life. But it really screams.

The 351 kit is a good deal the only problem is that u r so close to the water jackets its prob not the best for max engine life. But it really screams.

Do you have proof of the risk in relation to max engine life, or is this a general opinion? There are a lot of high-mileage 351 kits running strong out there.

Ive built two of them. One was riden supermoto and I understand thats hard on a bike. But 260 miles piston through jug bad day. That was my brothers. Second was a supermoto set up that was a daily driver 19000 and cylinder cracked. And i am not dumb I can build a motor with the best of them. I have a double major in mechanics. Specialized in k tech Suzuki yahama BMW.

Ive built two of them. One was riden supermoto and I understand thats hard on a bike. But 260 miles piston through jug bad day. That was my brothers. Second was a supermoto set up that was a daily driver 19000 and cylinder cracked. And i am not dumb I can build a motor with the best of them. I have a double major in mechanics. Specialized in k tech Suzuki yahama BMW.

KLX351 kit ....that was a daily driver 19000 (miles?) and cylinder cracked.

And that's not a failure that should ever happen on a standard 300 or 312 ...maybe it's a slightly higher possibility on a 330?

Has anyone here ever had a 330 fail?

My 331 has about a 1000 miles on it with about 500 of them being mountain trail riding and it is still going strong. Probably not enough time to pass judgement but a good start. Compression ratio is 12:1.