Sign in to follow this  

Washington State yanking plates for off road bikes other than KTM's now.

Got my letter last week for my WR.... had the plate for over 3 years.

No worries.... I'll get it plated via the proper channels and life's good. (I do have the satisfaction of knowing that I beat the DOL's system for 3 years with a supposedly "un-plateable" bike.) Got another Yami in the garage with a plate, tabs are due in May.... should get the letter in April.

The story goes something like this,

the state hired a private firm to give them a list of street legal bikes

if your bike is not on it, there is a chance you could get your plate revoked

said magic list, https://docs.google....V0R3FHRVE#gid=0

Wow.... 07' XR650R is on the list....

Wow.... 07' XR650R is on the list....

As hosed as the list is, why does that surprise you?

I see my 84 XL250R is safe....but then, that plate is rusting somewhere in Vantage D100 poker run course...somewhere....along with the turn signals.

That list is for bike that get kicked out right? If not it is a mess. A WR125 husky and WR250 IS on the list but not street legal. I must be reading this wrong.

You'd think that after the KTM revocation program they'd at least have figured out that the recent year EXC's are street legal, but apparently they have not.

That list is for bike that get kicked out right? If not it is a mess. A WR125 husky and WR250 IS on the list but not street legal. I must be reading this wrong.

This is the list of street bikes that also go on dirt as defined by DoL. :smirk:

No, that ;list is supposed to be the street legal list, my DRZ 400S, is not on there.

I ran into cascade trails and company down in baja, he said hi.

Edited by Hurricane Harry

Does this include bikes that were inspected by the WA State Patrol and legally passed? There should be a grandfather clause if not.

looks like this is the good to go list, just missing a few that should be on there.

That list is a pile of shit.

I must be getting over my anger, I'm starting to laugh at some of these posts. I couldn't have said it any better.

I better hurry up and convert/plate my new 200 xcw before the 2008 450 excr needs tabs !!!!

Hey DOL.......Here's your sign :smirk:

Contact Tori Wilson.

Provide her with your VIN, plate number and as much personal information as you feel comfortable providing.

She GUARANTEED me that she would look into each issue on a case by case basis.

If you do not contact her then you are doing yourself (and everyone else in this boat) a disservice.

I called and got through to her within 5 minutes.

Washington Department of Licensing

Asst. Administrator, Vehicle and Vessel Licensing

Toni Wilson

Systems and Licensing Support

1125 Washington St. SE – HLB, FL1

Mail Stop: 48203

Olympia, WA 98501

(360) 902-3811

toni.wilson@dol.wa.gov

Edited by guns_equal_freedom

I must be getting over my anger, I'm starting to laugh at some of these posts. I couldn't have said it any better.

And that is just the short version.

The G-E-F full length version submitted to the DoL is an all time classic. :smirk:

Does this include bikes that were inspected by the WA State Patrol and legally passed? There should be a grandfather clause if not.

What he said - while it isn't double jeopardy in the literal sense, it sure feels like it...

Tod, or any other NMA folks - does the following letter exist in the NMA archives? :

Then in a stunning reversal of the new policy, a letter dated December 27, 2000, Captain Frederick R. Fakkema of the Washington State Patrol Commercial Vehicle Divsion informed NMA that the WSP will no longer inspect and approve off-road vehicles for (street) licensing.

Sure would like to have that to justify our argument.... couldn't find anything in the online NMA archives...

Edited by Fabricator