Sign in to follow this  

YR250R MX Ride Report

We loaded up and went to Johnsonville MX.. COLD and Windy..

Power:

Bike had great power after I relearned how to use it. It was a little soft on the bottom (Carrying 235 lbs didn't help) and amazing mid - top. Carried 2nd gear through most corners with instant power with no clutch or 3rd with some feathering,

Suspension:

Stock CRF250R springs with a 235lb rider, pretty much sums it up.

Balance:

Front seemed a bit high, but prob more springs than motor placement

Cornering:

The dirt was moist clay sand mix. It cornered well even with worn tires and soft suspension.

The only REAL issue I had that day was the shifter. I had used a KTM 65 shifter and it was loose and was making contact with the ignition cover. So I really couldn't slam through the gears. I didn't have high hopes, I just took it out to see what it needed. But it work suprisingly well aside from the shifter.

IMG_2473.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder how much the chassis differs between the CRF and the CR. Specifically in geometry, wheelbase, flex, etc.

When you guys built those bikes, what air-boot setup did you use? YZ250? CR250R?

Sounds like only a few details left and you'll have an awesome finished bike.

Yes..YZ motor in CRF frame..

CRYZrider built an alumunum airbox.

I used the CRF250 box and 99 CR250 Air boot with a custom aluminum mounting flange.

That's a very cool writeup and I'm glad all went well on your build. I ended up using a first generation airbox on mine after cutting and angling the Rad Valve and she's ready to ride if we can go without monsoons for a week. The aluminum one just wasn't working out like I'd wanted. I got new fork seals, new front tire, hand guards, repacked the silencer and cut and rewelded the header for a little better fit. Keep the updates coming.

Craigus

cryzed.jpg

cryz2-1.jpg

• Like 1