jumping the Z

Will jumping my bike from a car damage any of the electrical components? Pop starting isn't really an option, my bike wont do it cold.

for testing/problems: i use my trucks' 1200CCA battery for the bike.

low battery: jump it

have you done the charging system tests to make sure your stator isn't dead/dying ?

Will jumping my bike from a car damage any of the electrical components? Pop starting isn't really an option, my bike wont do it cold.

If you need more juice when cold to get it going with a fully charged battery its ok, but you may want to check the wiring. If the battery is dead running the bike that way may burn up the bikes charging system.

My bike will never start if the temp drops below 5 °C. Even with the ssw super start kit. So I thow my heated blanket over it for about 2 hrs and it starts up every time with no choke.

I have started my bike several times from my little Honda civic battery.

Started my bike at -5 degrees a couple days ago, no problems even with stock battery.

Started my bike at -5 degrees a couple days ago, no problems even with stock battery.

Lucky, my near stock klx that Ive had for 8 years is the same way wont start under 5 degrees give or take a few.

My drz same way... must be just me. :bonk:

I don't know if it's the fcr's or the compression but its always been that way.

Ive Been riding these bikes in winter my whole life, keep in mind winter is almost 5 months of the year where I live in ?

Edited by bin

The issue wasn't cold starting. I normally start it by giving the throttle two twists and turning the throttle while hitting the starter, never have any issues. Today I was at an intersection and some driver didn't feel like putting on his signal until the last second and my bike died from idling. It's done this to me before and I know it's always a pain to restart, in the process of trying to get it running again I could smell fresh gas and I knew flooded it and managed to kill the battery. My bikes about 2 miles from my house in a parking lot, my plan was to take my car (and a friend) to the bike, jump the bike with the car and ride it back.

Auto/truck battery will not hurt the bike, just as long as it's 12 volts. But, the auto/truck charging system has been described as being totally incompatible with a bike's and would probably zap something on your bike you don't want zapped. So, jump the bike from a car/truck all you want, but DON'T allow the car/truck to be running while doing so. Like Mattydiah said above, 12v is 12v.