Sign in to follow this  

A hard Decision

Hi All,

I am moving from a 250F to a 450F. For all my life i've ridden red. I am considering 2 450Fs. The first is an 2009 KX450F Monster Edition and the other is a 2009 CRF450R. The KX has pro taper bars (pro bend), hand guards, and a O-ring chain. The CRF is basically stock. The guy for the KX wants $3500 but seems somewhat flexible. The guy for the CRF wants $3500 as the bottom line. I am on a budget considering i'm only 15 and just sold my 250F. At the same time i'm a pretty big guy (6' 170lbs) that and being very successful in 250B last year i think i'm ready for a 450. Please correct me for information i have wrong. Can you guys help me out with some Pros and Cons about both? The one i can think of is the HPSD on the CRF and that alot of people we're saying that the Kawi felt very wide and not very nimble. Also i heard the Kawi is 10lbs heavier than the then the CRF? Is that true? I was pretty skeptical when i first heard that. I'm not trying to start a thread on a Kawi vs. Honda battle, just looking for some information to help me buy. There is a picture of both attached below.

Thanks,

Max

2n0la2h.jpg

6o0tg6.jpg

Edited by hondacrfinct

The KX450F had EFI and fuel mapping... I don't know if they had it in the 2009's though. Check the year and see, if so thats a very nice feature on race day. Just pop off your control module, plug er in the laptop, clickity clickity and your good to go. Much better than jetting!

At 15 years old, “all my life” is not that long. You have plenty of life to go. Either bike should work just fine. If you really don’t like it, it can always be sold and something else purchased. Look for whatever bike seems to be in the best condition at the best price.

just pick a color lol. the bikes today are all great, even the 4 strokes. i think the only thing to look out for when buying a bike is suzukis gearbox. And hondas blow up a lot. literally the only bikes i have heard of blowing up are hondas. fast and slow riders alike. C class goons even blow up a 4 year old bike that they bought brand new... &%$#@! that