Sign in to follow this  

Washington Issues with the plates on your KTM? Call KTM and let them know

I contacted KTM last Friday and left them a message about people not being able to register streeet legal KTM's in Washington State.

He told me that he has not heard from one KTM owner (except for me) about them not being able to register their KTM's.

He can be reached via the KTM Customer Service line. 1-440-985-3553

Leave your name, phone number and the reason why you called.

If you don't call, KTM will never know there is a problem.

• Like 1

Its really not a KTM issue, its a WA state issue. KTM is in full compliance with the laws. (reffering to the 07 and later "EXC" models)

I couldn't agree more. DOL has got to get thier sh1t together on this. It's utter BS that we have to call the makers of our bikes and bitch to them. The makers have done nothing wrong, and we have done nothing wrong. Bitch to the people causing this. I have. Alan Haight, Director of the DOL. doldirector@dol.wa.gov 360-902-3600

Don't just piss and moan, give him concrete reasons this process of theirs is flawed.

I guess I need to add more information.

KTM sells motorcycles.

KTM is a customer service driven business.

As such, when KTM's customers are not happy, they are not happy.

For the past three years KTM has been providing information to the WA DOL upon request to veryify if a certain model was "street legal".

This new procedure that the WA DOL has, using a vendor provided list to check for "street legal" KTM's (and other makes) is new to KTM.

Mr. Rosso said that he want to hear from KTM owners who are having issues getting their STREET LEGAL KTM's registered in Washington State.

He said that he will work with the WA DOL to provide them with a correct listing.

If you don't attack an issue/problem from all sides your chances of success have been compromised.

Every little bit helps.

• Like 1

Its really not a KTM issue, its a WA state issue. KTM is in full compliance with the laws. (reffering to the 07 and later "EXC" models)

My 2010 KTM 530 is not on the vendor provided WA DOL approved list of motorcycles.

Point taken, I'll call. I guess those of us with DR's and DRZ's should call Suzuki too, since they are the other big hitter at the moment.

Edited by 81husky

My 2010 KTM 530 is not on the vendor provided WA DOL approved list of motorcycles.

Yes, we both know that your bike is 50 state emission certified from the mfg. I suspect the "company" doing the inspection for the state doesnt realized the EXC off road versions went away in 05 (replaced by XC/XC-W), and the EXC showed up again in 07 onward as a street legal machine, but based on the off road version (chassis). I suspect it look dirt to them. Do you have an emission sticker on the bike? Take a picture of it, it may have your VIN on it too. That should be enough.

I realize its frustrating, you shouldnt have to be going through this at all. They will get it worked out, but just how long that will take is anyone guess.

Edited by toyota_mdt_tech

The NMA and WOHVA are working this issue, but having everyone effected contacting the DoL and their Legislators can only help.

The NMA and WOHVA are working this issue, but having everyone effected contacting the DoL and their Legislators can only help.

Hear, here!!!

(I apologize since this thread was directed to KTM owners) While I am just as furious over the number of fully street legal bikes getting dragged into this mess, please add the question about those of us that were inspected by the WSP to get a plate and are now getting subjected to the same treatment!!!

Edited by Fabricator

recieved my notice today...04 EXC...looks like Im going to be an outlaw since I refuse to pay for an ORV if the state is sweeping the NOVA fund again....

Talked with a KTM rep today, he said they are contacting the DOL on this joke of a bike list.

Talked with a KTM rep today, he said they are contacting the DOL on this joke of a bike list.

I've got the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) lobbyist in touch with the DoL too.

• Like 2