Stock Spring stiffness / color shock absorber

Hey guys,

can anyone quickly tell me what the stock spring stiffness (rear) is? Does it match to a color of the spring?

Mine is a 05, yellow spring. A friend has a 05 too, but kind of a purple one. I don't know wich is factory, so i hope you can tell me...

THX!

Hey guys,

can anyone quickly tell me what the stock spring stiffness (rear) is? Does it match to a color of the spring?

Mine is a 05, yellow spring. A friend has a 05 too, but kind of a purple one. I don't know wich is factory, so i hope you can tell me...

THX!

The yellow one is stock. 5.5 KG

Not so fast. Just because it's yellow doesn't mean it's a 5.5. Honda makes several yellow springs all different rates. Look for a small paint mark on the side or bottom. No paint 5.5. Blue mark 5.3. Pink mark 5.7. Silver mark 5.9. I thought I had a 5.5 installed and always thought the spring felt stiff and I could never get race and free sag set. Ends up I have a 5.7, pink paint mark on the spring.

Not so fast. Just because it's yellow doesn't mean it's a 5.5. Honda makes several yellow springs all different rates. Look for a small paint mark on the side or bottom. No paint 5.5. Blue mark 5.3. Pink mark 5.7. Silver mark 5.9. I thought I had a 5.5 installed and always thought the spring felt stiff and I could never get race and free sag set. Ends up I have a 5.7, pink paint mark on the spring.

I know why you're saying that but actually the stock yellow 5.5 springs have a pink paint mark. I know it contradicts the manual but that's how it is. 5.7 is purple IIRC.