Sign in to follow this  

2006 RM250 shock rebuild help

Hey guys, hoping someone can help. My shock blew an oil seal i think bacause it drained all the oil out last time I went out and sat on it. I went to pick up a Shock kit from Pivot works, but it die not look like an oil seal replacment came in the kit. Looking in my owners manual it mentions an oil seal, but does not show my specifically where it is. I also looked at the OEM exploded parts view on Motosport, but there is not an oil seal part to order.....Ideas? Here is a link to the Pivot Works kit.. Could I just need new O-Rings?

http://www.pivotworks.com/ProductInfo.aspx?item_id=1772

Ah, what?!

The link you've posted shows a lower bearing for the shock. That has nothing to do with the sealhead of a shock.

You need something like that:

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/all-balls-rear-shock-seal-head-kit-p-7496.html

Or just the seals, not a whole sealhead.

But you have to dissassemble your shock completely, bleed it properly and fill it with nitrogen.

I think your better off when you send it to a knownledged guy.

also heck for damage on the shaft cussing the seal to go , and the condition of the Teflon coated bush the shaft moves through ( next to the seal )

Yea that link is the kit available. That all balls piece.....I dont even see where that would go on the shock. I dont see a "seal head" listed in the manual

Edited by WickedQuick

Nevermind I think I see it. Does anyone make a shock rebuild kit like they do for forks? Also, I did my forks with ease, is the shock much harder? thanks guys

the only other part you light need is a new bladder, the shock needs to be well bled and not under it overfilled , there are lots of posts on this if you do a search