Sign in to follow this  

www.mt-llc.com Review?

Anyone ever used these guys?

Wondering if its worth the money, you send in your scarred up, burnt up cylinder and they send you a completely redone cylinder with a lifetime replacement warranty for $194, seems like a great deal, but almost too great? :smirk:

I called them and told them i had the cylinder for my youngest brothers 2000 Cr 125 that had a crack across the exhaust port bridge and they said "No problem we reweld and report everything in house, re-plate it, and re- sell it with a warranty, we dont even send your cylinder back to you, you get a refirbished one"

So my question is do these guys sound reliable? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. :bonk:

I have heard good things about them. I've used U.S. chrome and they were good as well. If you race, U.S. chrome is only $171,

I have heard good things about them. I've used U.S. chrome and they were good as well. If you race, U.S. chrome is only $171,

Do a search for u.s. chrome on thumpertalk, you will find nothing but epic failures at replating.

Not one bad thing. Now, there are other companies out there, (lancourt, powerseal, etc...) but I tend to go to the same company if they do a great job. I sent them a yz 250 cylinder that was all gacked up, and when they returned it to me, the cylinder looked better than new (actually did, compared it to a brand new cylinder....). If you want to save some money, buy a piston kit and send it in with the replate.

M/T has a terrific rep. Be aware, a lifetime warranty only means for the life of the barrel. The plating does wear and is not covered. The warranty covers the plating job (pit and flaking). This is true for most items that have a 'lifetime warranty'.

Sent my cylinder to them with a chip and was unsure of a potential crack on the exhuast bridge. Asked them to inspect. If it was just a replate I was going to have them do it, but if it needed welding I wanted to do a different setup from Eric Gorr after comparing costs.

They inspected and shipped to Eric Gorr as a core exchange at no cost to me. Hands down awesome service. Plan on using them in the future for sure.

Well i called and talked to them again and from what i was told they dont even send you the same cylinder back, they just send you one already replated off of their shelves. Glad to hear there are still inexpensive trust worthy companys in the US =)