Sign in to follow this  

94 kx plastics swap?

So i came across a video on youtube the other day and some kid managed to put 07 kx250 radiator shrouds,front fender,and front number plate on a 96 kx250. Idk if this is the right place to post this, but im just wondering if anyones done this, and if so what modifications had to be done? Any input would be great! :smirk:

if it's the same video (there aren't many, so it probably is), if you listen carefully he tells you. All you have to do is make up a couple of brackets, and the front fender bolts straight on.

Alright, i must not have watched the same video cuz he never talked, but did he possibly say at all how to make the brackets? And id ask but it seems like everyone asked and he never responded

get a peice of metal, measure it, cut it, drill some holes in it. I think the kid in the video had what looked like some copper pipe crushed flat in a vice and drilled. Pretty crude but it worked. I'd prefer to make something a bit easier on the eye, not like you can see it anyway.

lol well i get how to make brackets in general, but wasn't sure if he talked specifics. And copper? really? whatever works right? :smirk: But thank you, i guess ill just have to buy the shrouds and see what i can do, really glad its possible though, if only i could get the 07 rear fender and number plates to work!!! :bonk:

lol yeah i know right. Right now i'm about to do the modern front number plate and fender conversion, but i have some 98 shroud graphics so i'll be ordering the 94 - 98 shrouds, i can always update later when i get bored or damage them. I'm not too bothered about updating the rear plastics, but the only thing bothering me is the rear fender graphics needing a trim to fit. I'll take some photos incase anyone else is interested how i get everything to fit nicely.

yeah i wanna do the conversion so badly, i cant wait for spring so i can start all the work on my bike and defanately take pics id like to see it and know how well everything goes.

Alright, i must not have watched the same video cuz he never talked, but did he possibly say at all how to make the brackets? And id ask but it seems like everyone asked and he never responded

what videos? I have never seen any conversion videos. I almost bought a 2010 front fender this morning from a local source but he only had it in Polisport and there colors do not match for crap.

made the bracket today

20120214_150514-1.jpg

dead easy to do, trickiest part is holding the nut in place while you get the top bolt in, if i had a welder i'd tack a nut on the underside so it's captive.

Thanks man..I never seen it before. That kid want crank my 250s with tennis shoes on either... :smirk:...

wont crank any of my bikes either, unless he wants the kickstarter threw the bottom of his tennis shoe into his foot. been there, done that. :bonk: Edited by bansheedave