Sign in to follow this  

California Hardest trail to ride in Nor-Cal

Just curious, and I have wondered this for a while, but is there a trail that is known to be the hardest trail to ride in Nor-Cal. I have heard stories over the years, but I have not seen one.

how bout, whats the most difficult trail in legal/designated riding areas...lol

• Like 2

This is fun! Just about every spot we come to has at least 1 trail that is super difficult. Most (but not all) OHV parks have at least 1 that will land you on your head. Sure, Stonyford will rank right up there, but there is even some stuff @ Mammoth Bar that will make you sweat. But the 3 hours I spent alone at the bottom of a canyon @ Carnegie was the most difficult trail I've ever been on.

there are quite a few trails that are difficult to go down, but hardly anyone goes up them because they are almost impossible to go up..... you can be creative and find the hard stuff almost anywhere.

• Like 1

:bonk: Any trail in the Eldorado National Forest (outside of the Georgetown/Rock Creek trails) between January 1st and March 31st. :smirk:

:lol: Everything at Prairie City SVRA. :lol:

• Like 1

Funny. I was thinking the Prairie City parking lot in the spring when all the quads are practicing their donuts. Nothing scarier than a 300 lb dude wearing an extra small helmet shorts, t shirt and untied steel toed boots spinning around in the parking lot with thick dust and can shoot out in any direction with no notice whatsoever.

You need to get out there to find the real good stuff. I doubt anyone is going to give up their best SSS on a forum.

I will tell you this, if you want to see more hard stuff than you have ever tought possible you need to go on a Don Ivan Dual sport ride.

Not for "adventure bikes" these are full knobby CRF450X and KTM EXC with plates rides.

http://www.actdualsport.com/

If you don't have a bike with a plate just head for the Seirras and you will find plenty of hard stuff.

If you want a challenge, go ride an enduro. The Wild Horse is one tough son-of-a-gun. The last WFO was killer; 110 honest to God miles will give you your moneys worth. Then there's the Rubicon and the Dusy Eshrim trail, step-ups at 9k feet will get 'yer blood boiling. :smirk:

give me 5 days of trail work , not watching us work but you would have to work, and i could take you places you wouldn't ever go back to,

and you couldnt talk about it on TT or you will get death threats

Edited by squid reuel

Funny. I was thinking the Prairie City parking lot in the spring when all the quads are practicing their donuts. Nothing scarier than a 300 lb dude wearing an extra small helmet shorts, t shirt and untied steel toed boots spinning around in the parking lot with thick dust and can shoot out in any direction with no notice whatsoever.

that was one of the hardest rides i think iv done, it compairs to when me and wade were riding in Mexico and got held up at gun point by the Mexican army and searched, than when they were done they wanted to sit on ower bikes and have there photo taken.

give me 5 days of trail work , not watching us work but you would have to work, and i could take you places you wouldn't ever go back to,

and you couldnt talk about it on TT or you will get death threats

Hahahaha! :bonk: He ain't kidding! 5 days? The price has gone up! & then you're still not guaranteed!

P.S. I was sleeping in the back of our car in Mexico & woke up with a machine gun barrel 2 inches from my face. :smirk: The Federales searched the entire car for drugs. It was 2 am. I will never forget it.

Edited by superslyko

5 days? The price has gone up! & then you're still not guaranteed!

Due to those who never make good on their promise to provide. Seems the honor system just doesn't work with some, so it will affect all the others too.

There are a handful of trails at Stoneyford that will make your ass pucker, one or two good ones at Carnegy, Geargetown will straight up leave you battered and bruised if your not on top of your shit and trail 5 (or is it 4?) at Forrest Hill will take you on a nice long 3 hour or so ride where the rocks just pound the shit outta your suspension and your kidneys!

Prairie City is for beginers and girls unless you are there to run a quick test on your bike or ride the track. I took my wife there to teach her how to ride if that gives you any idea. No challenge at all......

Edited by husky34

LOOP 6 Foresthill, The Devil's Canyon. Counterclockwise. "A man's got to know his limitations"

Edited by YamahaGinger

There are a handful of trails at Stoneyford that will make your ass pucker, one or two good ones at Carnegy, Geargetown will straight up leave you battered and bruised if your not on top of your shit and trail 5 (or is it 4?) at Forrest Hill will take you on a nice long 3 hour or so ride where the rocks just pound the shit outta your suspension and your kidneys!

Prairie City is for beginers and girls unless you are there to run a quick test on your bike or ride the track. I took my wife there to teach her how to ride if that gives you any idea. No challenge at all......

The hardest part about riding PC is telling your parents that your...anyway. :smirk:

Windy gap or Windy Point as it is called in Lake Pillsbury would make the list.

I don't mean to hijack, but how much riding is still legal around Lake Pillsbury? I grew up in the bay area and remember hearing that there was some great riding, as well as good waterskiing. Never got to check it out though, and havent heard that name in 20 years. Are you able to still have your boat/bikes/camp at the lakes edge? It sounded like heaven.

You can still ride and Boat out there, some friends and I camp there at Oak Flat every May for a few days, the lake is great, I'm not big on watersports but there are always a few ski boats and what not, some Blue Gill and Bass fishing if thats your thing and there are some great trails. There are only two or three marked trails I think but their pretty awesome, we like to think of it as a camping trip with dirt bikes, not a "riding trip" because you can do the whole thing in a day no problem but there is a big area of flat trails and fire road for the wife/kid/newbie's to play around in, I really enjoy it but its a trek to get out there so we always try to stay at least a few days to make the drive worth it but definatley get a map and have at it. P.S. I'm pretty sure the Pillsbury trail map is on the back of the Middle Creek trail map