Sign in to follow this  

Supercross How many people stay off Thumpertalk on race weekends?

I was just curious how many people stay off Thumpertalk because TT will allow spoilers? I am on a few other forums that do not allow spoilers.

If I owned a forum and it had plenty of sponsors, especially a forum that sells advertisements.

It would seem that those willing to stay off Thumpertalk would also be people that would also purchase from TT sponsors and are truly into the SX and MX fans.

Why would a Forum take those fans off the advertisers radar?

If I were an advertiser I would not want to think people are being turned away from possibilities to see my banner ads, just because a few want to run to Thumpertalk and be the first one to announce who , what and when.

Financial blunder or not?

I will, purposely, until I see the race, the other sites too. Not sure that TT allowing spoilers is right though, just saw a post that the mod's said they will no longer ban posts that spoil things and let the boards regulate themselves. Can respect this, that makes them cops and takes alot of time in attention. With this said, I'll stay off TT or sites so I don't see a spoiler when I want to see the race first; kinda common sense. In return, to ask the mods to regulate thousands of potential posts, I'd have to say I'm on the mods side of saying- "guys, you handle it, tired of hearing of some bonehead whom gets a post out whom isn't thinking and spoils it for others-> regulate yourselves.

But lately, the announcing crew (Ralphie, Ricky, Jeffro) have been making references to the 250 class when announcing the 450's spoiling the 250 events and results. In the past, it seemed the announcing crew took to a manner to not reveal another class's results in any way having some inherint clue of how things would be broadcast. Not sure why this has been this year, has been a bummer hearing about a 250's rider win or crash at this point or that in comparison to the 450 race before the 250's are shown. Kinda suprised to hear the spoilers as they so far have been by the announcers this year.

Edited by JBBR

I stay off Saturday night into Sunday afternoon after watching the race and miraculously I survive :smirk:

I highly doubt this is really even an issue with the sponsers.

Edited by pingpinger

I just stay out of the racing section; it's not that hard. Any suggestion of financial blunder is sort of extreme, don't you think?

• Like 1

I stay off Saturday night into Sunday afternoon after watching the race and miraculously I survive :smirk:

I highly doubt this is really even an issue with the sponsers.

Yeah I would have to agree. I would most people would be out riding on the weekend anyway. Well at least the ones on the west coast where it has been in the 70's. :bonk:

• Like 1

I just stay out of the racing section; it's not that hard. Any suggestion of financial blunder is sort of extreme, don't you think?

It could be considered extreme? Maybe not a blunder, but I know what they charge to advertise here and if I were actively advertising, it would be something I would consider, weekend traffic on TT would seem to be higher, a race every weekend? The number of people that stay off TT could add up? That is the question.

Edited by ncc

I only stay away from thumper talk!!!

The other forums I visit do not allow spoilers in the titles...

Discuss all you want in the thread, but not the titles.

Some say just stay out of the racing forums. Well I use the "view new content" feature, so every thing shows up...

Since this site allows spoilers in the title, all I can do is stray away.

I hope this thread shows Brian the he could increase view numbers by making a change.

On the other side, it might require too much administration to audit spoiler titles compared to the possible increase in views.

The current views might not actually be affected because good weather in a certain part of the country may have more viewers out riding and not viewing than gained by a change that would draw back in.

Just my 2 cents..

Biwwy

I don't come on here until after I've seen both the 450's & the Lites main. This weekend should be back to normal since it is broadcast live again....yeehaw! :smirk:

Sounds like a druggie bitching that drugs are available and not his fault he keeps going back so everyone must be punished now since one guy has no self control :smirk:

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

I stay away from all moto related websites until I watch the races

If you go to a moto site and catch who won the race you have no one to blame but yourself. If you can't go a day without Thumpertalk then you have some real problems.....Towelie

I always looked for my presents before Christmas day, so I wasn't all hyped for something only to be bummed about the big let-down. One year I found the presents that were meant to go overseas to my cousins and they were awesome. I didn't realize they weren't for me...so needless to say, I was eagerly anticipating the snoopy and red-baron flying thingy and instead got the usual crap.

I always follow the timing and scoring if nothing else. I love coming in here and reading the debates on the race strategies and results from bloggers who have nothing but the timing and scoring. Plenty of imagination at play.

To the rest...Relax. If you are living and dying by SX results, whether live or delayed, you have some serious issues to cope with.

• Like 1

I stay off the internet completely. Subscribed, liked and friends with too many pro's on facebook as it is to see the individual results before seeing the race.

As far as TT not getting their AdSense account to go up, then they need to ban spoilers then if it's an actual problem. Or provide a live stream to race, otherwise I will do what I want. They won't lose a dime or dollar over someone not checking out the forum when the very day after the race is aired, EVERYONE pours back onto here to discuss what went down for the entire week leading up to the next race.

Stop overthinking it and taking on a fictious problem that has nothing to do with you in the first place.

Edited by T-Dub512

Trying to control other people by appealing to the websites financial backers? Well that's certainly an angle I didn't expect to see.

I would be surprised if the sponsors care at all. The vast majority of ads on this place are google ads anyways. I've got MetLife on my screen right now. Oh, now it just changed to Swiffer. I'm pretty sure the Swiffer people are FURIOUS that I think some people should stay away from this site if they can't handle seeing spoiler results before a race is aired. People go long period of time without visiting this site as it is, it doesn't matter if those people shift that time to race weekends - they would have that time at some other instance regardless. People who are on here all the time except race weekends, and aren't here strictly because of spoilers - well they've already seen the ads and aren't missing anything.

• Like 1

Sounds like a druggie bitching that drugs are available and not his fault he keeps going back so everyone must be punished now since one guy has no self control :bonk:

:lol: this coming from "Towelie" :smirk: ....but I concur.

:smirk: this coming from "Towelie" :bonk: ....but I concur.

Well to be fair, it would only make me a hypocrit if I engaged in this useless bitching about race results when they can simply not click on the effin link. nor do I bitch that its soceitys fault I do anything. I make my own choices, like I choose TO NOT LOOK AT THE &%$#@!ING RACE RESULTS BEFORE THEY AIR THE RACE IF IT MEANT THAT MUCH TO ME. Whats harder, not looking or wrting a post bitching about it every weekend?

Edited by Towelie