Sign in to follow this  

01 RM125 excessive spooge

Hey all, i recently got back into bikes and bought an rm 125 which i love and it runs great. but the spooge is just insane...ill get done with a ride and the swingarm and the silencer and sometimes the wheel is just coverd in spooge. i recently repacked the silncer, and i dont think its jetting because it runs great and doesnt fowl plugs. i run castor 927 on a 32:1 which i loved in my kx, but i dont know whats up with this one. Should i try 40:1? new oil? i live in georgia if that helps. Thanks

Check what size jets are in the carb, could be stock jets? Check the capasity of the trans oil, if theres a noticable amount missing, could be a crank seal. Stay at the same ratio. Now you said you got back into bikes, and castor 927 is a high rpm oil for racing, are you just trail riding and lugging the bike or are you rippin it and still havin the excessive spooge? If your just trail riding the bike, i would use maxima super m

i mean, i stay in high rmps almost always and the PO of the bike had run the same stuff at the same ratio, so maybe ill tinker with the jetting...this may be a noob question, but how do you know what size the jets are? i mean like i said it runs amazing it just likes to spooge oh also i have the receipt from a full rebuild done by the PO so im assuming the seals are not bad.

Edited by offroadlegend

The jets will have a number written on them when you pull them out. From there you just go by your jetting chart in yous service manual to find out what you need in it, but do you have an aftermarket fat pipe? Those can tend to make the bikes go richer or leaner. The stock jetting the manual recommends is always a little rich anyways.

For instance i have a 98 cr250 with a pro circuit platinum pipe, and I'm running stock jets that the service manual recommends but they have it set pretty rich to cover their own butts so the motors don't seize. Yeah my bike runs fantastic, but apparently pro circuit has their own jetting specs which has me go way leaner from a 175 main to a 165 main and a leaner needle, and same pilot jet...it's suppose to give the bike a ton more power and really relieve the spooging. The bike should smoke for the first little bit and as it's warmed up go away. Lately I watched my buddy riding my bike hours after riding and it was still smoking and i still get a bit of spooge, not as bad as you.

If you haven't even cracked the carb and checked the jets, chances are you are way too lean and if you have an aftermarket pipe they all have their own jetting specs as the pipe will deviate the power and running condition away from the stock settings. I hope that makes sense, and I hope you got the bikes OEM service manual for that jetting chart. It's a must have as well.