Sign in to follow this  

sport atv front end alignment

just did some work on the front end of my 04 yfz450 (has elka shocks and lonestar +2,+1 a-arms) but not the toe and camber is all out of whack. how do yall prefer your setup? i know how to adjust but not sure what the ideal setting is. right now i think it is toed out a bit so its all sorts of wobbly at high speeds. ive seen some quads with very negative camber but i know my local track has primarilly flat hard packed sweepers so perhaps thats the reason for the negative camber.

what is a good standard setup?

I have raced MX all through the 90s and rode since the early 80s. I typicly like to shot for 1/4-3/8'' of toe in. Camber is up to you, back in the day when I raced 250-open A guys would run on there side walls....lol

I raced some in the late 90's and I leaned my tires in too. I'm with you on the toe.^^ I've seen guy have their toe in so much it was kickng up dirt. 4 strokes don't push the front as bad as the 2 strokes. I guess thats why no one runs ith a lot of negative camber anymore. I don't even dream of MX anymore but I'd try a few different settings before I went with what everyone else was doing. Remember that the toe will change as you change the camber.