Sign in to follow this  

guy stole my xt600, need revenge

i am in the caribbean, my yamaha xt600 was stolen on the 24th of december 2011, it was stolen by a former friend in my yard. police have been unable to find it. i know it's him who stole it and he has recently acquired a dr350 and my xt600 handle bars are on his bike, talk about no shame!

i am really wanting to let karma do it's thing but hey i want some satisfaction, i want to either steal that bike and bury it underground through it into the sea or sell it for scrap metal or seriously sabotage it because it's no fair i had to work so ****ing hard to buy my bike and have it stolen for someone elses gain. and then have to replace it which i did with a drz400 just 4 weeks after.

any advice guys they police aren't going to do anything we don't have vin's or those kinda stuff, i'm pretty much stuck into taking this into my own hands.

i look forward to your responses!

sugar in the gas tank. open the bleeders on his brake calipers, cut every other spoke, remove the axle nuts, remove the footpeg pins and replace them with 3 toothpicks glued together, cut his handlebars 95% though right at the hand grips, remove the bolt to drain the coolant or oil collect it all so he's not aware it's been removed= seized motor pretty quick, remove the snap ring or nut, whatever, that holds the countershaft sprocket in place, drill a hole in his nitrogen canister for the rear shock, remove the bleed screws for the front forks.

idk, just some stuff off the top of my head. pumpkin and swede took the good ones!

• Like 1

are you sure he just doesnt happen to have the same bars as you??

If you want a fast and simple revenge it's really pretty easy to do. Buy yourself a can of Expandable foam, if he has a car or truck simply put the long nozzle of the foam can up into the tailpipe/s (if it's dual exhaust) as far as you can and spray a good amount into the pipe, then just walk away. If you do this right and the foam expands to where you cannot see it the guy will spend a lot of money trying to figure out why his vehicle will not run! Now, I've never done this but know a guy that knows a guy that couldn't get paid on a job from someone that was trying to rip him off and this revenge worked! :smirk:

• Like 1

are you sure he just doesnt happen to have the same bars as you??

That's kinda what I was thinking. Perhaps in some sort of strange plot to make a profit, the handlebar company made more than one pair like the ones you had. I would find more evidence before doing anything too crazy.

How do you know he stole it from you? And don't answer with "he had the same bars as me".

Edited by The Intruder

IMO, now that you've posted this thead and there is a written record of your intent... it would be stupid to do anything. Especially something like what Schrode posted, which could turn into an attempted manslaughter charge if he gets injured. I'm sure there are people in the law enforcement community who browse this forum on occasion...

However, now that I've got my disclaimer out of the way... I recommend castration. It's the only humane way to deal with theives. It won't kill him, and you'll be doing us all a favor by removing him from the gene-pool! :smirk:

So the question i ask myself is what is a 12yr old doing riding a xt600? If you cant prove it don't do anything, if you can prove it let the authorities know and he will pay for what he did. Sounds like its time to be the bigger person and grow up. If you knew for a fact he did it he would be in jail , he probably is not in jail because he didn't do it or you cant prove it.

So the question i ask myself is what is a 12yr old doing riding a xt600? If you cant prove it don't do anything, if you can prove it let the authorities know and he will pay for what he did. Sounds like its time to be the bigger person and grow up. If you knew for a fact he did it he would be in jail , he probably is not in jail because he didn't do it or you cant prove it.

I concur. I know that it sucks having a bike stolen, but be a bit more adult like (or, get his dog pregnant....either or). Laws are laws, and if you had proof of ownership, (hence a vin number, which would be a gateway to proof) you would have something. You replaced the stolen item, now all you can do is start thief proofing where it is kept and karma will work the rest of it out.

lol i'm 19 man! law enforcement is pretty lenient here, eye witness accounts and he traded my xt600 for the dr350, where i found out my bike is, that is exactly where the dr350s came out, the island is only 300 square miles, pretty much everything gets around and he lives just at the back of my house so he saw my bike sitting there for about a month. and yes it's my handle bars because of a nasty crash i took on the Xt600 so there are distinct marks on them. guys get this clear parts are very hard to get here if you have something it's unlikely someone else will.

burn his house down. loosen his back sprocket it will destroy the hub. Put a hotter burning spark plug in his bike, putt some sand in the oil, loose the drain plug it will fall out while riding,

confront him about the bike and if he admits it find out where it is and get it back, if he doesn't admit it but you know he took it use a crowbar or bat and break his knees. thiefs suck.

Pour sardine juice down the defrost vents on the dash and it'll never go away I promise.

Craigus

• Like 1

If I knew for a fact that my neighbor stole my bike,I would have already went over there and wrapped my hands around his throat. Personally,I would skip the sabotaging his stuff and confront him. If he tells you to piss off and you don't think you can take him face to face,just wait till you see him later and pop him right in the ear. No such thing as a cheap shot when you're dealing with somebody who has so little respect for you that they will take what you have worked for.

Pour sardine juice down the defrost vents on the dash and it'll never go away I promise.

Craigus

Bahaha :smirk: We've done something like this before. A friend was getting married to a real Windbag so a couple of buddies & I put three cans of sardines in the cowl panel of his car where the vents are and dumped two full boxes of live crickets into the interior. Needless to say the honeymoon drive up the coast was not a "happily married" one and his new bride was totally pissed with the smell of foul fish and a hundred crickets jumping around and chirping in the car! :bonk: