Sign in to follow this  

Cheap way to lose a 1/2 lb off of you 08-09

go on ebay and buy a 05-07 swing arm bolt that is drilled and take out the solid that is on the 08-09 . i know its only a half lb but spme ppl spend big cash to lose a half lb .... any other tricks you know pass them on so we can shave weight off of these rmz pigs

just started looking at Chad Reeds and MA800s 08-09s and they still have the solid axle in the bike ...... maybe the solid helps with chassis stiffness ? not sure but ime sure they have a reason to keep it in the bike. Looks like i just shot down my own tip

Edited by DESAT

I wish I could find a way to shed weight off the lower fork slider covers as they are very heavy for plastic. I bet you could save a lb easily.

I wish I could find a way to shed weight off the lower fork slider covers as they are very heavy for plastic. I bet you could save a lb easily.

Wasnt there a thread about putting Honda ones on, or something along those lines?

Pricey but definatley trick! http://www.immortalatv.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3074

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf

thanks...I wish I knew the weight of these CB guards. They must be lighter as the stockers are pretty bad. I know Honda covers work on KTM's but I don't think they will on the Zook.

yes i have done the mod ........ kinda. when i got the bike i replaced all the bearings and accidently put the 07 drilled bolt in the bike and rode it all last year.( i thought the bike handled great but im not sure if the solid bolt would makeit handl even better )This winter I removed it to grease eveything and noticed the bolt was different from the other on i had on the shelf. so i weighed them both and the 05-07 bolt was .52 lbs and the 08-09 was .95 lbs. im going to put the 08 (solid) in it now and go ride indoors this week and see how it feals and swap to the 07 and get a real compairison beween the two

There isn't a whole of weight to lose on the RMZ without sacrificing durability. About the best thing is to get an aftermarket exhaust-it wil lose 5+ lbs immediately...and $1k from your bank account.

or buy a 09 + crf 450 that weighs 12 lbs less wet full of fuel . Im looking to get an 09 + honda not just for the weight , i have a honda dealer around the corner from me and the nearest suzuki dealer is 1hour away

the honda is light for sure, my buddy got the yosh slip on pipe for his and it was actually heavier than stock....i got the full yosh Ti for my RMZ and it weighed 3 lbs less than stock.

i;ve just got a 2006 swing arm pivot and i will check it fits tomorrow.