Sign in to follow this  

Need new Handlebar Clamps 1 1/8"

I bought a new set of 1 1/8" Handlebars for my drz but the current bar clamps are for a 7/8" setup, where can I get bar clamps to fit my drz Ive been looking around and cant find much

• Like 1

Are any mods necessary to mount the controls on a 1 1/8 bar for my 7/8 s model? I know my hand guards have different clamps... But what about the light switch, clutch, brakes etc?

• Like 1

Are any mods necessary to mount the controls on a 1 1/8 bar for my 7/8 s model? I know my hand guards have different clamps... But what about the light switch, clutch, brakes etc?

..... all the controls will fit the 1 1/8s except for the hand guard clamps. youll need 1 1/8 clamps for that. everything else will fit... the center of the bar is 1 1/8 and as you get past the bend towards the end of the bars they slim down to 7/8s. i was concerned about my 1 3/8s eastons but all my controls fit. the only issue i ran into was when i need to add my hand guards, the hardware that inserts inside the bar to mount the hand guards were to wide so i used a work shop grinder to make them fit. Edited by ukele6
  • Like 1

If you have an S top triple clamp then those Pro Taper bar holders won't work. The factory S triple and lower bar mount are cast in one piece. To run oversized bars you need a 7/8" to 1-1/8" adapter.

These work and can be bought at Wheeling Cycle Supply:

ue6xcn8AAAEAAChRQoMAAAAA-85410.jpg

sIcxS38AAAEAAChYTv8AAAAH-73705.jpg

Edited by ptgarcia
  • Like 1

For those with an E, or wanting the adjustment Rox Risers offer, here's a lower cost alternative.

PM15433_installed_lg.gif

Click on the photo for TT catalog page.

• Like 1

Been looking through some old posts and this one seems the closest to what I'm looking for (and I don't want to start a new thread for such a simple question).  I have a 2008 drz400sm and want to change out the stock bar mounts.  Seems like these will work for the SM version, just not for the off-road version.  Is that right?

http://www.protaper.com/products/triple-clamps/bar-mounts/universal-rubber-mounts

• Like 1

Well, just ordered some of the Protaper universal rubber mounts and a set of Zeta Rubber Killers.  Should work just fine.  I'll post up some pics after they're installed if anyone is interested in the setup.

• Like 1