Sign in to follow this  

Dumb quad rider... well you know the rest.

yeah the guy on the quad was stupid.... but that shouldve been expected.

You know what.....I'm just as much against quads being on the track as the next guy, but the guy on the dirt bike was in the wrong here. Yeah, the quad guy messed up and could have messed him up, but he took it wayyy too far. He just makes himself look like a &%$#@!ing tool honestly. It's all good to get up and be mad and say what the f#$@ and let the guy know he was in the wrong, but don't strut around like a typical &%$#@! BRO just because the guy isn't responding to your bullshit rant. He probably was sitting there ready to apoligize and the guy just kept running his douche mouth and said &%$#@! it and rode off. It's an MX track and we are humans, shit's gonna happen. Try not to be a &%$#@!.

• Like 1

You know what.....I'm just as much against quads being on the track as the next guy, but the guy on the dirt bike was in the wrong here. Yeah, the quad guy messed up and could have messed him up, but he took it wayyy too far. He just makes himself look like a &%$#@!ing tool honestly. It's all good to get up and be mad and say what the f#$@ and let the guy know he was in the wrong, but don't strut around like a typical &%$#@! BRO just because the guy isn't responding to your bullshit rant. He probably was sitting there ready to apoligize and the guy just kept running his douche mouth and said &%$#@! it and rode off. It's an MX track and we are humans, shit's gonna happen. Try not to be a &%$#@!.

You're kidding right? The quad took a sharp left turn off the track without looking behind to check for traffic.

The only thing I would have done is talked a little less and started beating the shit out of him!!!

• Like 1

What was the guy on the bike thinking riding on a track with a quad?

true, its like pokin at a rattle snake and then getting pissed when it bites you.

Quad or not,any dumbass that pulls off like that shouldn't be on any kind of track.Yeah a bit of a rant but can't say i wouldn't do the same though.

Bikes and quads never are on the tracks around here at the same time...never. Just doesn't happen. Just curious...had it been a novice bike rider, would you have acted any different? Hmmm..... NO!

Edited by CCC4
  • Like 1

Doesnt matter if its a first time rider, or a pro. That is just as silly a move. Common sense "should" tell you to at least look behind you before you cut over like that.

Edited by BDubb106

when on a track, if you are approaching someone as fast as he was approaching that quad. Its always best to slow down take a wide line. You never know what kind of dumbass crap someone can pull, like making a sharp left right infront of you. Track etiquette is simple, the guy in front has the right of way. Because you don't have eyes in the back of your head you only see whats in front of you.. While the quad rider is a moron and shouldnt have done that, its just common sense not to exit a track like that.. The biker hit the quad not the other way around.. That makes this accident the bikers fault.

He only had limited time to slow down after that table... Im not saying he shouldnt have slowed down more but he did slow down and moved to the outside. I would have suspected that I had plenty of room to pass as well and done the same thing. The quad rider darn near came to a complete stop which is a bonehead move in the first place. The only way the bike rider could have totally avoided that contact was to come to a complete stop behind the quad rider as well. I fully understand that accidents happen but theres no defending a squid IMO, how can you take the fault off the quad and put it on the biker? Thats like saying that when someone pulls out in front of you at an intersection its your fault because you didnt swerve off the track to avoid them, just doesnt make sense. Its not like he drifted over into his line. He waited till the last possible second to cut over. Doesnt make it any less painful to watch.

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

If you think its just the quad riders fault your opiviously not seeing the big picture. Granted whipin the oppisit direction on the track wasnt to bright but maybe he had a reason, maybe he was trying to pull off the track really quick. Fact of the matter is the dip$h1t on the bike shouldnt have tried to pass that close to the quad, he got what he deserved. Use your head for something other then a hatrack.. Take a wider lane next time.

Edited by sneek24

Bullshit man. Effin' quads. I moved to KY from MI about a year ago. The tracks I rode back home you would NEVER have to deal a quad on there. In fact most of the moto tracks didn't even allow quads. Now I'm in what may be the quad-tard capital of the world and the few tracks closest to me don't even separate the quads from the bikes on the track.

So, yeah, a guy on a bike could have made the same mistake, but there are a lot of other reasons why those wheelchairs should be restricted to mud pits and corn field tracks.

I read a post, here on TT, where someone was recommending a sort of "track etiquette class" requirement, before you are actually allowed to get on a track. Just like track days for sport bikes. I think it's a great idea. Even if it was just an hour long. Just something to let people who don't know, know that you can't pull a move like that. You can't count on common sense from anybody.

If you think its just the quad riders fault your opiviously not seeing the big picture. Granted whipin the oppisit direction on the track wasnt to bright but maybe he had a reason, maybe he was trying to pull off the track really quick. Fact of the matter is the dip$h1t on the bike shouldnt have tried to pass that close to the quad, he got what he deserved. Use your head for something other then a hatrack.. Take a wider lane next time.

I tend to agree. If you were driving, it would have been the bikes fault. It is obvious the bike was traveling much faster then the quad. He should have known better, he should have slowed down and been looking ahead and this whole thing probably could have been avoided. I would just chalk it up as a incident and let it go, really, for as bad as it was it could have been a lot worse.

I do like how the bike was calling him a &%$#@! and walking away at same time.

• Like 1

This kid should of gotten his *** kicked!!!! pulling off by turning left on a right turn....

http://brotocross.com/featured/kickstart-the-weekend-with-the-nuke-the-quads-poster-boy/

I love how everyone seems to think they are tough! What would have happened if the guy went after the quad rider and in turn got his ass kicked?

I ride with a few guys that both fight MMA, not professionally or anything They are not the best riders, kinda scrawny and are mild mannered but push them and thy will knock you the fck out!

• Like 1

What would have happened if the guy went after the quad rider and in turn got his ass kicked?

He would have gotten what he deserved for being such a doushe over something that was his fault anyways. Lol.. Poetic justice.

I'm glad many are seeing that the dirt biker was at fault and not just blindly blaming quad riders. As I said, I hate quads as much as the next guy, but even that brotocross site is gay as all hell. You're trying too hard dipshit!

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me while riding at a track last Summer. Went to pass a quad around the outside when he suddenly decided that he wanted to make a left hand turn off the track.

It is YOUR responsibility to ride in a safe and prudent manner, it is YOUR responsibility to pull off the track in an area where it is safe to do so.

Luckily in my case I was able to miss the quad-tard, and after I got myself straightened out I pulled off the track in a safe spot. I rode over to the quad-tard and politely let him know (he knew already by my "holy sh*t !" when I just about hit him) that he was inches from taking me out. I let him know that where he decided to pull off the track wasn't the designated area and wasn't safe, I suggested that next time he should think a little more about what he was doing.

I didn't swear at him.

But, just because the guy on the bike did go off that doesn't mean he's in the wrong. The incident was entirely the quad-tards fault. Watch what he does at 0:15, completely changes his line whithout thinking about other traffic on the track. The guy on the bike was to the outside and perhaps should expect a quad-tard to act like a quad-tard, but he was consistent and got taken out.

If you think this incident is the fault of the guy on the bike, you couldn't be more wrong. And if that's the case, no one here will ever convince you otherwise.

• Like 1

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me while riding at a track last Summer. Went to pass a quad around the outside when he suddenly decided that he wanted to make a left hand turn off the track.

It is YOUR responsibility to ride in a safe and prudent manner, it is YOUR responsibility to pull off the track in an area where it is safe to do so.

Luckily in my case I was able to miss the quad-tard, and after I got myself straightened out I pulled off the track in a safe spot. I rode over to the quad-tard and politely let him know (he knew already by my "holy sh*t !" when I just about hit him) that he was inches from taking me out. I let him know that where he decided to pull off the track wasn't the designated area and wasn't safe, I suggested that next time he should think a little more about what he was doing.

I didn't swear at him.

But, just because the guy on the bike did go off that doesn't mean he's in the wrong. The incident was entirely the quad-tards fault. Watch what he does at 0:15, completely changes his line whithout thinking about other traffic on the track. The guy on the bike was to the outside and perhaps should expect a quad-tard to act like a quad-tard, but he was consistent and got taken out.

If you think this incident is the fault of the guy on the bike, you couldn't be more wrong. And if that's the case, no one here will ever convince you otherwise.

Your right, it's YOUR responsibility to be safe! The guy on the bike should have slowed down, he KNEW the quad was infront of him, he KNEW he was there, he KNEW he was going faster! The quad rider had no idea what was behind him until it was too late!

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf