2010 YZ450F or 2008 RMZ450 both EFI

hi everyone, I'm getting a four stroke 450 direct injected, but i can't choose between these two. they both fit my budget but differ slightly.

(they are at the same dealer btw)

firstly the YZ450f 2010. efi model with backwards motor?? has 90 hours, new plastics and had top and bottom end rebuild and its in pretty new condition for the hours.

the RMZ450 2008 efi model has only less than 7 hours and thats it. its like just it rolled off a factory floor. its bone stock and looks brand new.

they are both the exact same price at the moment although i think the rmz is a little cheaper

i can't decide, any suggestions??????

I would go with the rmz if its fuel inj. and has only 7 hours? Perfect

Agree with what Shane said. I remember when researching the RMZ450 before I test rode a used one....there was an issue with defective engine cases for 2008 and there was a recall. Check out the RMZ450 forum if you havent already. I think most 2008 engines/cases were replaced with 2009 engines, but have the dealer check to make sure this recall work has been done.

Also....not sure about Australia, but something to keep in mind is that I found cost of Suzuki replacement parts are about 2-3 times what I could get Honda/Yamaha equivalents (things like OEM plastics etc). I also remember that the fuel tank on that fuel injected model is an aluminum tank (very nicely constructed) but should you have to replace it....its a $950-$1100 USD item. I really liked the bike I test rode, just couldnt get the guy down to a price that I was comfortable with and ended up buying an '08 YZ450F.

Agree with what Shane said. I remember when researching the RMZ450 before I test rode a used one....there was an issue with defective engine cases for 2008 and there was a recall. Check out the RMZ450 forum if you havent already. I think most 2008 engines/cases were replaced with 2009 engines, but have the dealer check to make sure this recall work has been done.

Also....not sure about Australia, but something to keep in mind is that I found cost of Suzuki replacement parts are about 2-3 times what I could get Honda/Yamaha equivalents (things like OEM plastics etc). I also remember that the fuel tank on that fuel injected model is an aluminum tank (very nicely constructed) but should you have to replace it....its a $950-$1100 USD item. I really liked the bike I test rode, just couldnt get the guy down to a price that I was comfortable with and ended up buying an '08 YZ450F.

+1, make SURE that the recal has been done, otherwise a bike with a good base that can be made very competitive only with a few mods. SilvFx, i hear you on the pricing but a gas tank??? i cant say i ever had to replace my gas tank unless it was a freak accident, plus, aluminum can be welded (just make sure you purge the tank before you do so!!!)

• 4 months later...