Sign in to follow this  

Feeler Gauges?

It is hard to tell what the sizes are on those gauges, even more so when they do not list a description. From the image I could see a 0.15mm on the lower end and sizes as large as 1.00mm on other. You really only need sizes in the range of 0.01mm - 0.30mm to check valve clearances, in other words, very small feeler gauges. With that said, I think I would avoid this set of gauges and find a more appropriate set.

This is a little better set from Rocky Mountain MC, but it still offers gauges that are too large for this bike's application:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/-/171/989/-/20116/Bike-Master-Dual-Reading-Feeler-Gauge-Set-32-Blade-Combination/FEELER+GAUGES

Hope this helps.

Yeah i was actually looking at those rocky mountain ones. Later tonight when i get a chance ill let you know what all sizes are on the set i have. And will they fit in there easily? Since its tight with the motor still in the frame?

Yeah you already sent me the manual, thanks its nice. I just wasnt sure if my feeler gauges would fit.

As for the sizes I'll check them later and see if they'll work

Using them for checking valve clearance is easy. If you don´t have a service manual I can email it to you.

could i possibly get this manual emailed to me? i've been looking for one to download but havn't come across any. i would really appreciate it.

It is hard to tell what the sizes are on those gauges, even more so when they do not list a description. From the image I could see a 0.15mm on the lower end and sizes as large as 1.00mm on other. You really only need sizes in the range of 0.01mm - 0.30mm to check valve clearances, in other words, very small feeler gauges. With that said, I think I would avoid this set of gauges and find a more appropriate set.

This is a little better set from Rocky Mountain MC, but it still offers gauges that are too large for this bike's application:

http://www.rockymoun...n/FEELER+GAUGES

Hope this helps.

Hey so i checked the ones i have. On the small end, it starts at- 0.05 0.10 0.15 0.25 0.30mm and on up. I dont think this will work since

i need between 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm and 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm

Hey so i checked the ones i have. On the small end, it starts at- 0.05 0.10 0.15 0.25 0.30mm and on up. I dont think this will work since

i need between 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm and 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm

Often you have to combine two blades to get every 0.01mm. But that set sounded a little coarse.