Sign in to follow this  

2012 450xcw

so im about to buy a 2012 450xcw i have a 2010 450sxf thet ive been setting up for trail riding but it still needs alot to make it what i want so im really interested in the new 450 xcw my dealer wants 5k otd difference for one my sxf has an 18 real wheel, its geared down skid plates hand guards, very low hours very light bike but the suspenion is stiff i need a bigger tank and kickstand and a revalve so im trying to decide whether to get a new bike that needs almost nothing and that has fuel injection im looking for the best all around bike thats great on trails and on dirt roads

Depends on your financial situation, but as far as getting something that's designed more for the type of riding you do and 2 years newer and FI, no brainer! Just went from a '08 KLX450R to 2012 450 XC-W because of the Fi and my wife has an '06 Kx 250F that we had modded but she went to a 2012 250 XCF-W which is FI and something that is more geared to what we do. Seems like a good move. I can't wait to go out and shred on the new 450!

Edited by 2012 450 xc-w

I have been debating between a 450XC-W and the 450SX-F. I used to race tracks but now mainly do desert and hill riding. I really want the gearing and speed of the XC-W but at the same time still want that ride and feel of the SX-F model. So I guess my question is if I get the XC-W because I primarily desert ride, If I get a wild hair up my you know what and decide to hit a motocross track every once in a blue moon will it ride ok or is it strictly trail riding. Let me know how you guys like your bikes.

I love my 11 xc-w and cant imagine trying to cross over another motocross bike again.If you are very heavy youll want to go to bigger springs especialy if you want to ride the track i'm kind of a fatty and I had to go to stiffer springs. I'm contemplating buying a 2012 xc-w just for the fuelie motor but my wifr says one new bike is enough.