Sign in to follow this  

Need some tires for towing

Looking for some tires for a F350 Super Duty Crew towing a 28' Toy Hauler. Either an HT or AT tread type. Mostly highway travel to MX Parks, don't really care about snow.

Looking for tire that doesn't wear fast and has good stability.

Currently looking at:

Hanook Dynapro AT or HT

Firestone Transformer AT

Bridgestone Dueller HT

Any opinions out there on what you are running?

I have the older model Bridgestone duelers on my tow rig (a 1 ton van) and I've enjoyed them, not to loud, no bad wear, 10 ply E rated tire and not to expensive. I've had Firestones before, the tread seems to hard to me, even slips in the rain. If there is a Costco by you, check their prices on Michelin's---remember that their prices include mounting & balancing, you might find that the price of those Michelin's is outstanding, and Michelin tires are the best!

Do your mx parks have nice parking lots or fields? Would you consider a slightly aggressive all terain tire like the Hankook ATM. Its a really nice tire and depending on what tire you get it will be a 10 ply and carry a E rating. We have them on an exploder and my girlfriends dad has them on his 3500 chevy dually. The are pretty quiet and not really any noisier than a traditional all terrain. For what they are they are reasonably priced. It's nice to have a tire that has a decent tread to keep from getting you stuck in a field somewhere. We don't tow anything with our exploder but the eventual father in law tows things quite often ,the largest being a 32' camper, and he really likes the tire since he's had them for the last 3-4 yrs. There are also a few members of my family running them on suburbans, and they are really happy with the tire also.

I was looking on Hankook's website and was surprised that the HT tires have less of a warranty than the ATM and AT tires (which have the same 50,000 mile warranty). The ATMs are a nice looking tire IMO.

Edited by 79yamdt

If there is a Costco by you, check their prices on Michelin's

Called, they have one in stock, a Michelin X Radial LT, said is was a 70,000 tire. Out the door was $249.00.

Do your mx parks have nice parking lots or fields? Would you consider a slightly aggressive all terain tire like the Hankook ATM.

The MX Parks have nice parking lots or fields. My local tire guy is having a problem finding the current Hanook Dynapro AS tire which prompted me to look at other tire options. Sometimes it's wet in the fields, I never got stuck with the AS's yet, it's a little more aggressive than a HT tire.

Thanks for all the input.

I'm not sure if you have any Jack Williams around your area but that's where pretty much all the tires on my family's vehicles come from. Their out the door prices are usually impossible to beat. 1500 dollars for new tires would make me cry. That's probably be what I'll spend on tires for the life of my car. You can see what they have in stock at your local store on their website. Another nice tire that we got for a decent price from a dealer was Michelin ltx ms. These are on a honda pilot, they were on sale or something at a local ford garage and were only 530 or so for all 4 tires mounted and balanced etc.

Edited by 79yamdt

I'm in the same boat as you (needing new tires) and have gotten great wear out of the Firestones that are on the rear on my dually, so I'm going to match them up with a pair for the front.

So far, treadwear, road noise, ride (well, as much as a one ton dually can ride) and traction has been good.

I did just shop for new tires for the wife's car, and after hitting all the chain tire shops (Tires Plus, Fred's, Pep Boy's) and the box stores (wally world and costco), it was still cheaper to buy them online, get them shipped and pay to have them mounted and balanced. Cheaper by over $100.

I went through a set of these and they were worth the money. I just replaced them with some $150 10 plys and boy do I regret it.

The revo's are ultra quiet, durable and most importantly track straight. I only got 35k out of them but that was on a diesel.

Will purchase again

http://www.tirerack....C13674x012-tire

Edited by rolliew

I have michelins on my 1 ton srw and tow something almost every weekend, either the race trailer or the boat. 30k on them and the hardly look worn. Their rated at 3650 I think.

I just went through the drill of figuring out which tire for the same application: Dodge 2500 diesel towing the toy hauler.

I live in Oregon and we have Les Schwab tire centers in every little town in the Northwest - so if you have a problem, you get immediate help vesus finding a costco.....

I went with a Toyo HT Tuff Duty, the Tuff Duty is made for heavy diesels towing a trailer.

To new to rate, but the reviews were very good.

Dave