Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne GX-1 vs Alpinestars Tech 3

Not just touching, when I walk in them the pressure becomes greater and felt like it would get painful...maybe it would be ok when broken in but I can't take that chance...GX-1 seems to be the only really good boot in my price range of < 200...

Well, too tight is better than too loose when you are riding. Try the thinnest socks you have.

Not just touching, when I walk in them the pressure becomes greater and felt like it would get painful...maybe it would be ok when broken in but I can't take that chance...GX-1 seems to be the only really good boot in my price range of < 200...

had you tried riding in them? I ski raced competitively for 15 yrs and my boots were too tight when walking around, but when skiing having an athletic stance would push your foot back to keep your toes off the front, in any sport you want your footwear to fit as snug as possible for better support. if they hurt while riding then get a larger size or trim your toe nails :smirk: Edited by customss
  • Like 1

I just purchased a pair of GX-1's and I had the same issue with my foot being towards the front of the boot and room at the back the first time I tried them on. I was like "OH CRAP!!!" I went ahead and wore them to see if breaking them in would help and what do you know....it did!!! Fit perfect and no toe scrunch. They are very comfortable and I think they will just get better as they get broke in more.

I sent them back for a 10...I can't afford to ride in them if they might not fit because then I can't send them back. I will put a nice insole in the boot and hopefully it will fit well.

I went through this exact same purchase decision. I ordered both and walked around in my house, and the Gaerne is a better boot, more comfortable, better construction, better fit (on my foot, at least). After my first ride, the Gaerne's loosened up a little, and got more flexible. Great protection and a good price.

Edited by Algreen