Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust Recommendation

I am able to get FMF, Yoshimura or Two Bros slip on exhausts at cost. I need to have a SA and want to be "somewhat" sound compliant (no complaining neighbors but want to pass tech at GP races). Currently have the white bros. E2 with FMF Powerbomb header.

It was mentioned by a mechanic I need a new can because my bike should be revving out quicker than it does and he believes this to be a culprit. I know I could just repack it but can't pass up this deal.

Options:

Two Bros. M7

FMF Titanium Powercore 4 SA

FMF Factory 4.1 Titanium

Yoshimura Offroad RS-2

I'm leaning towards the Two Bros M7. Looking for feedback from other X owners or is it simply they are all good and doesn't matter which one I select. Haven't seen too much details on either of these except that owners are happy with them. Does one give me something different in regards to powerband curve than the others?

I would go with the 4.1 Titanium. It'll be a good fit with the same brand, and you get really good power/sound. You can also by the spark arrestor for it which lowers the sound to pass tech.

Anyone else have access to this cost deal? I am in the market right now to replace my 05 4.1 titanium....

Thanks for the feedback. This deal is because my brother has a dealer account with Tucker Rocky, so it won't be available to anyone else. Sorry.

I would stay away from anything Ti or Carbon fiber, and Go with the Two Brothers Racing M7 VALE full stainless/aluminum.

Carbon lasts about two months, and Ti dings way too easily when it's hot.

Good point. Never included Carbon Fiber as an option, but wasn't aware of ding issues with Ti. Thought that was suppose to be a harder material, just lighter. Thanks for the heads up.

Everyone here will have their own opinions on what is the "best" exhaust. I recently put the Pro Circuit JCR system on my bike. The kit only comes in stainless. It comes with a repacking kit, spark arrestor tip, and competition tip. This pipe is the same one used by JCR in Baja. Fit and finish is second to none and the power it puts out will put a huge smile on your face.

If you go with an FMF product, you may want the standard QuietCore insert. It has a built-in spark arrestor screen. The FMF "Spark Arrestor" option is very loud. It doesn't have the extension tube inside.

I've been running the FMF Factory 4.1 Carbon Fiber muffler with Titanium PowerBomb header for years on my WR250F and it has proven to be durable. I have a carbon fiber heat shield on the header that has taken a few good hits and the muffler can has taken a couple of good hits. No issues. It's very light, a little loud at high rpm, but has good tone. I'm running the QuietCore insert.

I've been running an FMF Titanium PowerCore 4 muffler with a Titanium PowerBomb header on my CRF450X and it has also proven to be durable. I have a carbon fiber heat shield on the header. Again, it's very light, a little loud at high rpm, but has a good tone. I'm running the QuietCore insert. This combination provides a very linear powerband with good low-end power and high peak power.

These pipes are louder than stock. I have to shift quickly and keep the bike at low rpm if I want to ride it in my neighborhood. I do most of my riding on Forest Service OHV trails that are miles away from homes.

Edited by Sofiedog

I went with Lexx through Rocky Mountain ATV for $199. Amazing reviews and great bang for buck. Easy packing changes should be noted as well.