Sign in to follow this  

WP CC Fork Dynamic Float Mid Valve

I recently stumbled across a thread on here a couple of months ago talking about the newer style of MV being used on some KYB forks and the possability of converting it onto other forks. I did quite alot of reading into this idea, and it made alot of sense, especially for the riding/racing i do (enduro).

I got talking with Adam from kreftmoto.com and as it turns out, he has been develping the parts needed and settings to adapt this idea onto the WP forks. I was pretty keen to try it out and see how well it adapts to the WP forks. I guess this isnt a revolutionary idea, but the thought, time, parts, machining, testing and actualy getting it all to work on another fork design/brand is where all the hard work is i guess.

I already had a few other mods done to my CC forks to improve performance, like SKF seals, update bushings, SKF purple cart seals, polished tubes and machined MV piston to SXS style. So we modded my forks with the new MV parts, shim settings (BV and MV) and a couple of other tweaks.

First couple of days testing showed instant results, the fork feels really improved in fast HS hits, rocks, square edge, roots etc. The transition where the MV comes into play feels really different, almost like its more progressive and not staged like it used to be with the standard WP MV setup, alot smoother, very little jarring through the bars now and feels very controlled in the front end, traction is really good. Only issue i had was i was experiencing a bit too much dive braking hard into corners and on down hills. We decreased the float some more and this fixed the dive.

I'm very impressed with how flexible my fork is now, i can wind the comp clicker in if i need for faster terrain and it doesnt turn it into a jack hammer on the small chop like it used too, still remains compliant and feels much more like the comp clickers have an effect on the whole dampening range... its a weird/different feeling im not used to with the WP CC forks, but i like it! Racing starts for the year in a few weeks, cant wait to see how it goes.... :bonk:

:smirk:

Edited by yamaha227

what you mean with the newer kyb midvalve? the one with 2x 0,3 shims on the back cup?

It works on the same principle as the KYB leaf spring midvalve design. I've adapted the basic idea to the WP fork - and with a few other MV tricks and valving to match, it works very well.