Sign in to follow this  

Officially Joining Team Green

Hi All,

Title says it all, i've converted. I've moved up from my 06 CRF250R to an 09 KX450F. Pretty slamin' deal for on $3200. Probably going pick her up in the next week or two. My question is any known issues with the 09 KX450F? I know everyone hates the exhaust sound and header length, and also the chain slider. But anything else? My main concern in the EFI. The main reason i moved up is to get an EFI bike. Have y'all been having any problems with it?

Thanks,

Max

Congrats and welcome, lol, I came from a Honda, too. Just look around on here, there are probably more threads about the 09, or at least comparing it to an 09 than any other year. I had a 09 and now have an 11. You hit the nail on the head so far with what you said though. Did it have an hour meter or do you know about how many hours are on it? I'm sure you know that if not, expect the worse, no such thing as "Highway Miles" on these things, haha. My 09 was pretty solid, but most complaints come from triple clamps and linkage. I know people that put anywhere from a 20mm to 22mm offset triple clamp set on it and a lowering link, (dog bone, Ride Engineering) to change the height. It drops it about 10mm on 09's and 10's, but only 5mm on 11's, just one of those things they fixed at the factory. Actually, one friend of mine put his factory back on and likes it better.

It's pretty much preference and testing. Should feel a little heavier and bulkier than your CRF, but you'll get used to it. I can't recall hearing any problems with EFI. Different mapping choices are always an option if you feel like it. As far as exhaust, we put DR.D's on them to mellow it out some, worked and sounded great.

Hope his helps some, like I said, search a question on here and you'll probably find it!

Edited by kodibear_wc

Hi All,

Title says it all, i've converted. I've moved up from my 06 CRF250R to an 09 KX450F. Pretty slamin' deal for on $3200. Probably going pick her up in the next week or two. My question is any known issues with the 09 KX450F? I know everyone hates the exhaust sound and header length, and also the chain slider. But anything else? My main concern in the EFI. The main reason i moved up is to get an EFI bike. Have y'all been having any problems with it?

Thanks,

Max

You sound just like me! I came from an 08 crf250r to an 09 Kx450f! Best move of my life!!! I have not had any problems with the bike minus the chain slider/ guide. I got a very good deal on mine $3000 with pro circuit exhaust system enzo suspension and some small engine mods... You wont regret it. Also I have not encountered any EFI problems