Sign in to follow this  

Pop goes my knee.

After years of down hill skiing, racing bicycles at a national level and riding dirt bikes faster than my ability to control them (More horsepower than talent!), I sustained my first serious knee injury. Ironic that it was an easy game of street hockey against my 9-year-old that did me in. I made a sudden stop, and hyperextended it (wow, that hurt). Now, it's be very unstable (hyperextending) ever since. It's been 8 weeks, and it's not getting any better.

My question: Are MX Knee Braces appropriate for daily (non-MX) use? Can they be worn around the house, playing sports, and at work? Or, will I need to purchase an additional brace for day-to-day use.

Yes, yes, yes, I'll eventually go see my doctor :smirk: I just want to know what's, what.

Thanks.

You don't want to wear knee braces 24/7 just to get by in life...See a doctor and get your knee fixed right.

Sorry to hear about the injury. It sounds pretty painful. I can't help with the knee brace question, but I just wanted to echo what the others have said about going to the doctor. It sounds like you lead a fairly active life, so it would sure be unfortunate if you did permanent damage to that knee through negligence.

Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery...