Sign in to follow this  

home workouts and supplements?

i got a couple friends (they do not ride) that are really big on p90x, one is on his 3rd session of it now and results are quite noticable. im bigger on cardio for my workouts and have read that insanity is better for cardio than p90x. does anyone on here do either of these for training to ride? my job is quite a ways from the gym so for the majority of the week its kinda impractical to go to the gym after work as its out of my way and time is short that late at night. so ive been wanting to do somthin at home until i get days off to go to the gym. also, anyone on here take any muscle builder or fat burner supplements with good results? thanks guys

i got a couple friends (they do not ride) that are really big on p90x, one is on his 3rd session of it now and results are quite noticable. im bigger on cardio for my workouts and have read that insanity is better for cardio than p90x. does anyone on here do either of these for training to ride? my job is quite a ways from the gym so for the majority of the week its kinda impractical to go to the gym after work as its out of my way and time is short that late at night. so ive been wanting to do somthin at home until i get days off to go to the gym. also, anyone on here take any muscle builder or fat burner supplements with good results? thanks guys

They are both good programs and will whip your ass into shape. If you do them. I am very motivated and after working out with a trainer for 24 sessions I have no problem kicking my own ass the gym, I go very hard 40-45 minutes with very little rest. With that said, I have both sets of DVD's and the only one I do is the Yoga. This is because I cannot get motivated to do high intensity sweaty workouts at home, it just doesnt work for me. Have no problem lifting weights in the basement but that other stuff just is a no go for me at home and I have a pretty nice basement. I do a lot of the insanity and p90x stuff at the gym, most of it I learned with the trainer. It is very good for motocross cause it focuses on the core, real strength in the body, not pumped up muscles from lifting and you get your cardio in. Unless you are racing the B class in front of the pack or A, any working out will make your weekend rides more enjoyable.

You can get a good workout on the eliptical as well, you just can't be one of those people that reads while you run and you cant run at a constant pace. 20 minutes of intense intervals will really help you with sprint speed on the bike. You are going to struggle with these at first but as you get better you will notice in 20 minutes you get a better cardio workout than running at a constant speed. You warm up for two minutes, then go 80% of your max speed for a minute, then jog pace for a minute then all out sprint for a minute then jog speed, 80%, max, repeat for 20 min. Getting the heart rate up and down is very effective for weight loss, fitness and on the bike stuff. Good luck!

thats wat i was hoping to hear. i have always done high cardio based workouts at the gym, lots of running, stair steppers, recently had started an eliptical. but as i said its just to far out of my way to go down for an hour or less after work before they close. im gona give insanity a whirl to see how it goes. i am a b class rider, can hang with the top guys for a few laps before fading bad so just need to get my endurance bak up. ive been running with the abnormally gorgeous weather weve been havin up here. and will start putting in lots of more practice motos, but just want somethin else to help with muscle nd core strength. a little more balance wouldnt hurt either haha

thats wat i was hoping to hear. i have always done high cardio based workouts at the gym, lots of running, stair steppers, recently had started an eliptical. but as i said its just to far out of my way to go down for an hour or less after work before they close. im gona give insanity a whirl to see how it goes. i am a b class rider, can hang with the top guys for a few laps before fading bad so just need to get my endurance bak up. ive been running with the abnormally gorgeous weather weve been havin up here. and will start putting in lots of more practice motos, but just want somethin else to help with muscle nd core strength. a little more balance wouldnt hurt either haha

Either program is good for it, you can download both to preview them and burn them, I suggest the one you like you go back and buy though. I would also say to do this before downloading anything is a thing of the past. I read turning the peddles or cross country running is best for MX. Running stairs if you have a place for that is still one of the hardest workouts I have done. Still cant run the stairs at Red Rocks here more than twice. Lots of local pros here run those stairs everyday up and down up and down, it aint easy thats for sure

haha i dont even wana try that right now. i run 3-10 miles depending what else i do in the day as far as a workout goes. and i got some good size hills in my area so they work out pretty good. but definately no where near stairs in a stadium like that lol

You are on the right track, doing multiple things the most important in my experience.

Runnin stairs, P90x, insanity are all great workouts!

Mix in as much as you can. Mountain biking, road biking, cross fit, rowing, running and circuit training all good too. The more diversified your workout program, the better.

Our team never does the same thing each week, we always mix and match to try to not only make it new and fun, but also target different muscle groups.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Jason

thanks everyone.

jason- thanks for the imput! i do try to mix it up and make it fun. ive seen some of your online videos as well and have incorporated some of the stuff i learned from them into my workouts