Sign in to follow this  

Anyone running an oversized brake on the KX65? QTM has discontinued their product.

QTM once offered a big brake kit for the KX65 but have since discontinued it. Now, I know they used the caliper, master, and brake line from a KTM 250SX with a special adapter. What I can't figure out is if they ordered a custom rotor for their production or if the rotor is actually a rear from a different year Kawasaki. It's a 220mm rotor and I know the ZX10/ZX12 used a 220mm rear rotor.

If anyone knows I would love the help. I just finished the Time Trials with the M1GP and while I placed in the expert class (57.27 best at Willow Kart Track) I had major issues with boiling the brake fluid. The caliper got so hot the bleeder valve was able to crack open just enough to burp up some fluid. When I went to pop the dust cap on the bleeder it spat out fluid. I know it was from the heat because I had cranked the bleeder down the day before after having the same thing happen the day before in practice. The brake setup simply isn't designed to stop a full grown adult on asphalt.

QTM once offered a big brake kit for the KX65 but have since discontinued it. Now, I know they used the caliper, master, and brake line from a KTM 250SX with a special adapter. What I can't figure out is if they ordered a custom rotor for their production or if the rotor is actually a rear from a different year Kawasaki. It's a 220mm rotor and I know the ZX10/ZX12 used a 220mm rear rotor.

If anyone knows I would love the help. I just finished the Time Trials with the M1GP and while I placed in the expert class (57.27 best at Willow Kart Track) I had major issues with boiling the brake fluid. The caliper got so hot the bleeder valve was able to crack open just enough to burp up some fluid. When I went to pop the dust cap on the bleeder it spat out fluid. I know it was from the heat because I had cranked the bleeder down the day before after having the same thing happen the day before in practice. The brake setup simply isn't designed to stop a full grown adult on asphalt.

check SMJ forum. there was a ktm on there i was asking about the other day. i believe it had a ktm85 front rotor to make it work.

here is the link.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?94809-CR85-Mini-Motard-Build&p=1378492&highlight=#post1378492