Sign in to follow this  

just got a 450f.. beginner rider questions about harming the bike

I just bought a 2004 yz450f after having sold my 2002 cr250 for not riding it a lot..

I'm not much of an aggressive rider, I like to go kind of slow and just enjoy the ride.

If i take my 2004 yz450f to the motocross track, will it gum up anything like my spark plugs if i go easy? Because I had a cr250 and it fouled a lot of plugs

the 2 stroke had 5 gears I believe and this 4 stroke has 4 gears.. since this a 4 stroke, will it hurt it to take it easy? what should i do to not harm the bike? thanks

edit.gif

Edited by SSyz450f

I really think you should take up another sport. Honest.

I didnt ask for negative responses. Honest.

Going slow is fine. Too slow and you will might have some overheating problems. If you have overheating issues you can run distilled water and water wetter in the radiator to help dissapate the heat better. Just be careful not to take the bike anywhere that gets below freezing since the water will freeze and cause damage. I recently taught a friend to ride. She has been riding for only a couple months and puts around very slowly. She rides my 450 occasionally and has no issues. It will not load up and foul plugs like your 250. Just make sure you respect the throttle. You can get into trouble real quick on that bike.

you are more likely to harm the 2 stroke from taking it easy then the 4 unless as stated above you overheat it...you should look into a rad overflow kit

You bought a wild bike for casual riding. Simple fact

Do not lug it. That will cause way more harm than running it hard. You will not foul plugs but running it too slow can cause the piston to get excessive wear.

no I only ride it soft on track because I'm not very confident in the corners and ruts because at my track its pretty tight. But when i ride trails and the desert, i ride pretty hard. I mostly ride in the desert

Edited by SSyz450f