Sign in to follow this  

I sold my 94 and looking

Sold the KX today and looking to replace it.

I have two prospects

CL listing AD

I have for sale a 1998 kawasaki kx 250.

Never raced

Never bored or re-sleeved

Pro taper bars

Renthal grips

Two sets of number plates

Fmf fatty pipe

Fmf powercore 2 spark arrested muffler

N-style graphics and seat cover

Nice looking and running bike.

Looking for cash for college.

5Nf5I15L63G83Le3Jfbcq637235ea4e2e169f.jpg

He has it listed as a 98 but I called him and he says the tenth digit is a Y so it is actually a 2000

He is about hour drive away.

The other is a 2001 listed for $1000 but the drive is abit further and the seller has yet to respond to my emails.

Whats the difference in the 2000 and 2001?

I made a few bucks on it Dave :smirk: ..I almost got my asking price....but didn't take me long to have that gut feeling of regret.

I was surfing 2000KX and found one of Jeekinz' bikes on another site.

BOTM...BTW.........Do you still have it?...Man that is one clean used bike...lol250003.jpg

Edited by Blackwoodz

There is almost NO differance between a 2000 and a 2001, get the one that is in the best shape. IMO either one needs a 94-98 1'st gear added but thats just me.

Ed

There is almost NO differance between a 2000 and a 2001, get the one that is in the best shape. IMO either one needs a 94-98 1'st gear added but thats just me.

Ed

I had read that about he the trans.

I just heard back from the second CL ad I had emailed....funny he had IT listed as a 2001.....He emailed and told me he was firm on his asking price($1000) and it was actually a 1999. :smirk:...so the 98(2000) is looking like the better deal... :bonk: ...or was the 99 considered a better bike than the 2000?. I do like the stock pipe on the 99

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/mcy/2801625352.html

5Na5Gc5J93Gb3o93Hfc1ff024773021261cfc.jpg

5La5Ma5J43I33Ld3Mcc1f1587ab9a3a411278.jpg

99 and 2000 again are very close to the same thing....but....the 2000 has bladder forks and the 99 doesn't and I like the the nonbladder forks better. They both have the same trans. Again take the one in the best shape but if equal I would take the 99 myself.

Ed

Thanks ED. I knew the dual chamber forks came into play somewhere in these years. Can you disable the bladders and make them comparable? I read that in 2000 they went away from the progressive springs and went to straight rate coils both front and rear. The 99 is almost another hour north of the first bike....not sure if its worth the time and fuel. I will wait and make that decision after I look at the first one.

Twin chamber forks, at that time, were on RM's. KX250's didn't get them until 2005. (I have a MX mag from 94 with a twin chamber article.)

Like Ed said, get the bike in better condition. But also, would prefer the 99. The 99 has the same cylinder as the 98. So you can swap out ignitions and the pipe and have that power the 98 had. I even put the 98 carb on my 2000. Stock, the 99 was tamed down from the famous 98 KX250.

You can disable the bladders. I had a set done on one of my 2000's but IDK what's involved with doing it. The non-bladder forks came with progressive springs, but people swapped them out for straight rate springs.

BTW - that's an old ass pic of my first 2000. haha

Than ks Jeenx

I bought the 2000. He came down to $900....so I decided it was worth it instead of driving the hour further away and not knowing what kind of shape it was in. He had it listed as needing a rear wheel bearing

I rode this bike after I got to his place. It has been sitting since 2010. It was put away dirty....but it cranked pretty easy but has some sputter up top. First thing I noticed was one missing rear spoke and several loose ones. I have some spokes here so will be tearing the rear wheel apart and getting that in order. It has descent tires and the linkage seems good. Over all pretty complete bike with just normal wear.

DSCF7979.jpg

DSCF7978.jpg

Edited by Blackwoodz

Good luck with it. You might want to just order a set of spokes, I've tried to save rear spokes before and they seem to just snap trying to take them off. I have a bunch of fronts though.

• Like 1

looks like you got a pretty good deal too bad folks dont clean their crap up after riding, I think it will look much better in a week or two

Looks fine to me. It does look like the top roller for the chain is missing but could just be the pic. Take it apart and clean it up and grease it up and you should be good to go for the summer.

Ed

looks nice. the plastic looks like three different shades of green. i need to respoke my rear as well. let me know how it turns out.

Good eye Ed...yep top chain roller is missing....So far one missing spoke. one missing top roller and one seat bolt was missing. The front front fork guards are trashed and one boss is abit damaged but still useable. The FMF pipe had been mig weld from a crack I am guessing. I have already removed it and buffed down their goobers. I took a good flash light and looked in the top while I had the pipe off and no scouring on the intake side. The piston shows a slight bit of blow by on the exhaust side. but the rings look good.. The power valve moves freely through the access plug. I am cleaning at it slowly but over all I am satisfied...atleast for now. You know how men are.....they can't be satisfied for long.... :smirk:

looks nice. the plastic looks like three different shades of green. i need to respoke my rear as well. let me know how it turns out.

Its just the rear fender that is faded and turned blue..The front and side are ok for now. I do not mind spoking as bad as I hate changing tires.

changing tires isn't bad with the right spoons and lube. my new tires went on easier than i was expecting.