Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400E Fender Elimintor

gday

Im after a fender eliminator for my DRZ 400E. I like the look of the Edge tail light kits.

I can't find one that actually says they suit the 400E, just the 400S and SM.

Can someone confirm if it will fit, and if not what other options are there for the 400E.

Cheers

Well your E is different than the US version but yes anything that fits the S will fit the E. If not direct, then with simple adapting

Well your E is different than the US version but yes anything that fits the S will fit the E. If not direct, then with simple adapting

Thanks man.

What I'm asking is can someone confirm for sure that it will fit? Because it's shaped to sit under the mudguard I don't want to take the risk that it might fit.

My bike is a 2011.

the edge fender eliminator bracket mounts to the S subframe.

the E subframe (at least the US version) doesn't have that subframe. i would think that might be a problem. but i dunno...maybe you can mount it directly to the fender or something? or maybe your E version does have the subframe...

I've just bought one similair to this type for use when I fit an S-subframe to my E.

led-rear-fender-stoptail-light-spoiler-e-marked_653211_500.jpg

The idea being that it's light enough to use on the E fender if/when I refit the E subframe back to my bike.

As long as it's very light weight and has upward fixing holes you'll be able to drill & bolt to the E rear fender. Avoid ones that have metal fixing brackets as they will be heavier (not good for the fender plastic) and need longer support brackets making up to enable fixing to the E fender.

Ah, I see your in Aus - I seem to remember reading that the Aus spec E's have the full S rear subframe anyway?

Edited by DrzDick