Sign in to follow this  

make sure I'm buying the correct DRC edge.

ok, I'm on wheelingcyclesupply, and im looking for the right tail light. I scroll down and I see:

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/36/24/index.shtml

"Edge Tail Light Holder Kit for DRZ400SM/S"

that makes it sound like it is just the holder and you have to buy the tail light itself seperate. it does include everything needed correct? it sure is cheaper than the edge tail light at the top of the page....

How is the plate light on the edge tail lights?

Right now I have a dodgy FE kit and the red (park) brake light was shining all over the plate making the entire thing red, and when I had blocked off the red light the white tail light itself was incredibly dull and did not light the plate well enough at all.

Is the edge FE better?

the plate LED's are VERY bright to the point that it lights up the ground behind the bike.more then enough to light up the plate.

OP, make sure you get some LED turn signals as well as its a pain to remount the stockers on the back after you install the DRC brake light.

the plate LED's are VERY bright to the point that it lights up the ground behind the bike.more then enough to light up the plate.

OP, make sure you get some LED turn signals as well as its a pain to remount the stockers on the back after you install the DRC brake light.

already got 'em :smirk:

Not to thread jack, but is it possible to wire in resistors to slow the blink rate down for LED blinkers?

Resistors are a whole lot cheaper than a 31 dollar relay.

7fec3ae8.jpg

They are sweet but I cut the back of my head open while doing a tire change, forgot the dam thing was there! The led plate light is super bright as is the brake light. Also, I just drilled a small hole in each side of my rear fender and mounted new blinkers. I want something as flush as possible so there was no possible way for the blinkers to break off.

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf

They are sweet but I cut the back of my head open while doing a tire change, forgot the dam thing was there! The led plate light is super bright as is the brake light. Also, I just drilled a small hole in each side of my rear fender and mounted new blinkers. I want something as flush as possible so there was no possible way for the blinkers to break off.

see those tabs that hang down? careful cutting those off lol. I ended up with a squirt of blood that shot about 6 feet coming out of my finger when I slipped cutting those off haha. that was a nice $350 bill >.<

Not to thread jack, but is it possible to wire in resistors to slow the blink rate down for LED blinkers?

Resistors are a whole lot cheaper than a 31 dollar relay.

you should be able to do this with a standard automotive non-current sensing relay thats cheap at the auto part store right? just means rewiring.

as fo resistors, yes. they sell a kit on wheelingcyclesupply, otherwise youll have a hard time finding a high enough wattage resistor to flow enough current and not burn up

Edited by Davenjw

How is the plate light on the edge tail lights?

in my experience...

when they're working, they're great. plenty bright.

for some reason, though, those LEDs seem to get messed up dirt riding quite easily. the red tail/brake light LEDs seem very robust, but the white LP lights don't ever last long for me.

i'm on my 3rd Edge tail light (routinely crashing your bike on steep hill climbs will cause that :smirk: ). on all three, i have had the white LP lights stop working after a couple months of dirt riding. the red ones never fail, though...at least not until i crash and smash the entire thing, rip off my license plate, break my rear fender, etc.

one other good thing i can say from experience is that you can take the edge fender eliminator bracket off and pound it roughly back into shape and keep on using it just fine...and replacing just the tail light itself is pretty cheap. i keep one spare tail light and a bunch of spare turn signals around. :bonk:

ymmv, of course.

might also want to look at the 12o clock labs LED panel for the edge tail light. i am getting ready to order it as well. the brake flashing feature is quite nice as well as integrated turn signals.