Any 2013 Speculation?

Has anyone heard any 13 speculation rumors? Do I need to stockpile a few 2012's just in case they miss the mark?

I'm not sure there's much I'd want changed to be honest - maybe a little lighter and hopefully address the midstroke spike in the forks, but otherwise, not much else for me. ?

But, I'd get really excited with just about anything at this stage as it can only make a great bike, even better (I hope).

How about you guys.

The prototype 2013 CRF450 looks to have a left hand side header from the engine instead of the conventional right hand side header which is some good innovation on hondas behalf,

Hopefully the Suzuki can make some cool changes like that too, the RMZ450 updates have been minor refinements since 2008-9,

If you believe that these really are prototype 2013 models (and in the past at this event they were), here's what you might be able to guess at: http://mxworksbike.c..._Worksbikes.htm

The prototype "2013" CRF450 looks the most radical, as the exhaust criss-crosses throughout the chassis before it gets to the muffler. Hard to say if that will make production, but the stamped aluminum gas tank looks like a done deal, plus Reed and Canard already run one. So remember all the bs that everyone threw at Suzuki for going with an aluminum gas tank?, well now we can say that Suzuki was really just 5 years ahead of the competition.

As for Suzuki in '13, we might get a new frame but the bike looks mostly like what we are seeing today. One thing we can't see is a second injector, it could be there on either the 250 or 450, you just can't see it. And you can't see weight either, it could be lighter ~ it's hard to tell.

Edited by zig06
  • Like 2

im not sure what to expect, but i have seen prices for 2012's going down quite a bit in some areas which leads me to believe somethings up for the new year... and ive noticed with the 250's that they seem to go in three year increments: first rmz were basically unchanged for 3 years 04, 05, 06 then we had the 07, 08, 09 which were all very similar with minor refinements throughout the year. same with the 10, 11, 12 anyone else see a pattern here? although 2010 basically didnt happen...

Edited by funkinalive

dont think there will be much change. efi tuning. maybe dual injectors. suspension adjustments. There was a lot of speculation that suzuki was going out of business all together. They have one ride on their factory support team and he is barely(no offense to metty, love the guy) a top 5 guy. i dont think we will see much until2014 or even 15 solely because of the fact that it has remained pretty much unchanged. not something new because it needs it. my thought, not worth much, but thats it

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Suzuki is going out of business any time soon.... They are probably just being financially prudent. Can't fault them for that and we all know that expensive riders and championships don't amount to sales. and lastly, Suzuki sells more than just bikes so they are diversified as a company.

Does anyone have any sense when the 13's might be announced or when they will be out?

I bet there's enough beneficial improvements on the 13 to make it interesting.

• Like 1

I don't think Suzuki is going out of business any time soon.... They are probably just being financially prudent. Can't fault them for that and we all know that expensive riders and championships don't amount to sales. and lastly, Suzuki sells more than just bikes so they are diversified as a company.

Does anyone have any sense when the 13's might be announced or when they will be out?

I bet there's enough beneficial improvements on the 13 to make it interesting.

Definitely not going out of business. Suzuki sales have increased in the US 54% vs last year. Their stock has been sitting at $24-22 for last few months. A few months ago Yamahas stock crashed from $19.00 to $8.00 and now is sitting at 14.25 today. Your right they have other products to fall back on. Suzuki pretty much owns the small car market in India, thats why Volkswagen wanted them so much.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice to see refinements to the bike.

Ti Footpegs or at least wider ones.

Longer shift lever

floating front rotor

Hydraulic clutch

A not as goofy looking rear fender

A little rechargable battery pack so you don't have to kick the bike 5 or 6 times to charge the cap to get the electronics fired up first thing in the morning

Better cooling system

Built in steering stabilizer like Honda's have

Better spokes

DLC Coated forks and shock

White fork guards (Hate the black)

Loose about 3 pounds of material out of the triple clamps

Ti Header

Just a quick list of what I'd like to see when I had my 12 sitting next to my '08 YZ I was trading in.

The 2011 and 2012 are great bikes. If there was one thing I think Suzuki should do , it would be to shave weight. While it doesnt feel super heavy, it gets nailed in magaizine test for being like 10-13 lbs heavier then the Honda. The Honda does feel light and very slim when you sit on it. A factory steering dampner would be nice too. White rear fender, maybe Black excels. The power is nice and really gets put down to the ground well, so Im afraid a lot of bottom end would have you spinning and sliding all over, but the bottom end grunt is probably only other complaint I hear.

SFF air forks,maybe a new airbox design?I wonder what clutch cable and bracket that is.I was told the 250f cable mpunts up on the 450 and makes for nice easy pull and the one in the pic looks like a 250f cable.Maybe its a 250F? Looks like it has a lower seat height. Magnesium engine mounts and a bunch of carbon fiber. My god that bike is awesome. That is the nicest RMZ450 I have ever seen. Guess it should-since its a factory works bike out of Japan. That bike makes Dungey's RMZ look like a stocker.

you guys are crazy if you think its going to have ssf air forks.

ac717- how do you have any idea what kind of clutch cable that is?

I don't,butI know exactly what an RMZ250f clutch cable and bracket look like. The bracket looks different but the way the cable mounts and looks-it looks like the 250f cable. I was told it does work. One day I will get a 250f cable and see what it can do. The aluminum guide and the angle has alot to do with the stock "heavy" feel on the 450. If you look at the factory bikes-they all have billet brakets and the cable is a straight shot to the arm-no ali guide. SFF forks arent a complete no-go for a production bike. Mags make them sound extremely high--tech,but MT bikes have had them for years. I like innovtion,but I like the current RMZ-jsut some more little refinements would be nice to see. The bikes in the pics are full japan works bikes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't,butI know exactly what an RMZ250f clutch cable and bracket look like. The bracket looks different but the way the cable mounts and looks-it looks like the 250f cable. I was told it does work. One day I will get a 250f cable and see what it can do. The aluminum guide and the angle has alot to do with the stock "heavy" feel on the 450. If you look at the factory bikes-they all have billet brakets and the cable is a straight shot to the arm-no ali guide. SFF forks arent a complete no-go for a production bike. Mags make them sound extremely high--tech,but MT bikes have had them for years. I like innovtion,but I like the current RMZ-jsut some more little refinements would be nice to see. The bikes in the pics are full japan works bikes.

let me know when you get that cable and try it. if it makes a difference i'd be down to give it a shot as well.