Sign in to follow this  

just bought a 01 yz 250

i just got this bike and was wondering if anyone could point in the right direction to find a pdf download of the factory service manual. i searched but had no luck in finding a free download although i found plenty of threads talking about it lol.

also anyone have a suggestion on what my jetting should be running 32:1 with a fmf gold series fatty and powercore silencer and im right around sea level if that matters thanks in advance.

Probably just a tad richer than stock. Some yz250s ping when they get new pipes. not sure if our 2001 yz250s will ping because I like the stock pipe on it, but I know the 07 does and It can blow up in a bad way..

i think FMF has a jetting center: http://www.fmfracing.com/RiderSupport/JettingCenter

The jetting is for a 05 yz250 but im sure they are pretty close for the older bikes but im not sure.

They said the jetting is for 0-1500 feet, with 50/50 regular fuel and race fuel mix and at 32:1. And they also said the jetting is for 70 degree weather.

Thats an owners manual I was looking for a factory service manual, thanks though

I don't understand what you are looking for here, did you even download it or just read the title to the link? I linked you to an "Owners Service Manual". If you are looking for any specification or how to rebuild any part of your bike, this link will be useful. Unless I'm mistaken?

The factory service manual would be what they would use say at the dealership when working on a bike.

If you need to do work yourself on the bike, use the link I provided you. It's the best you can get for free man.

And thanks for the link I'm sure I'll need it at some point